Catachan Command Squad for GD...is it legal loadout? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Catachan Command Squad for GD...is it legal loadout?

HI ladies and gents

I have decided to paint some catachans for golden demon this year and they need to be a legal unit.

I am doing a command squad and I want to know if this is a legal loadout as I am not a guard player and the guy at the local GW wouldn't tell me unless I purchased the codex book.......I am hoping you lovely Guard players will be able to help me out

1 commander/serg/captain (whatever they are in guard) - not sure on how to equip this guy for "coolness" factor

1 commissar

1 Vox Caster with laz pistol and CCW - decided this was better than a standard bearer as having a massive flag when your hiding in a jungle is counter productive.......

1 Medic with laz pistol and CCW

1 Guardsman with heavy flamer

1 Guardsman with sniper rifle

legal or not?

Last edited by MrDee; June 10th, 2011 at 14:29.
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Yes.

not sure on how to equip this guy for "coolness" factor
    Commanders (and commissars) have a breadth of options. Las pistol, bolt pistol, boltgun, power weapon, power fist, plasma pistol, melta bombs.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; June 10th, 2011 at 14:53.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

cheers ears
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Good luck! Post pics when you're done!

The leader of the squad would be a Captain equivalent (step above lieutenant) so I don't know if that affects how you'll be painting him. Don't be putting sergeant stripes on him or anything!

The guy at the GW store sounds like a complete pill. What a dick.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

A CCS (Company Command Squad) may not take a Commissar as an upgrade character. A Lord Commissar, being an independent character may attach to a CCS. It's legal, but technically two units. I'm splitting hairs, but I have no idea of how much dickheaded behaviour that you are likely to encounter.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Just for fluff and if you want to use it in modeling the group then you should know in the old Catachan Codex Commissars had a special rule called Opps, Sorry Sir. Basically before they come on the table you had to role a D6 and on a 1 the Commissar suffered an "accident" and could not be used
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As commander equipment goes, you could go for the standard version, ie laspistol and close combat weapon or something cooler in my opinion : power-fist and plasma pistol

I think something in between just does not catch on...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

I always wanted to do a duel category one where an IG officer is firing a plasma pistol into the mouth of a charging Carnifex, but my painting skills are nowhere near good enough. They are catachans though, so you should add the typical details for them - skull tattoos for the veterans (denoting 5+ years in the Guard) and a dagger tattoo for the officer (denoting 10+ years in the Guard), red bandannas, and any metal will be dulled.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Good point Iron, as it needs to be a legal unit, rather than "units" that might be an issue.

However, if you make it a Platoon Command Squad rather than a Company Command Squad then you can have the Commissar in there, no worries.
    A platoon commander is basically a Lieutennant so you can still deck him out as a full officer. Those upgrades are also still legal for the PCS have the same upgrades like med packs and sniper rifles so you wouldn't have to change anything more than the number of bars on his collar.
    Last edited by Korona; June 11th, 2011 at 02:54.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread