Terminators? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminators?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone- I play Black templars and i havent used my Terminators in ages, in fact they have been sitting on my shelf gaining dust..... this is cause i got sick of taking them out as casualties in all my games repetedly! What do you guys think? Terminators worth the high points cost? im thinking about getting a terminator Assault squad wiht lightning claws and thunderhammers!!! sounds great but i Dont know if they will be worth it

post away
    Zealot

<span style='color:black'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Order Of the black Rose</span></span>
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Acolyte</span></span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminaters alone have won me games, They are well worth the points and dont fall easily if used right&#33;

Plus they give valuable time that you need to march your army to the front lines&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, terminators are very handy when used properly. Though I prefer to have the storm bolters and assault cannon so I can shoot while they are sloggin around. Deep strike is another good reason to take them.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even for blood angels i think terminators are worth it...the risk of losing a few to the death co. is balanced out by the sheer weight of firepower they can put out, and their close combat abilities kick ass.
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

1. be carefull, this type of post has been done before, it is only because it has been a while that I am not deleting it.

2. my opinion?
    Yes terminators ca be good but they are very expensive, which makes them very riskey, particularly in lower points battles, I have not, for 10 years, used termies in less than 2000 points armies with the exception of deathwing where there is no choice in the matter
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a 1000 point SW army. I have a squad of 4 Wolf Guard Bodyguards for my Rune priest, two of which have terminator armour.

Their ability to take heavy weapons makes them worthwhile in my army as my BC&#39;s and GH can&#39;t take heavy weapons, and i don&#39;t have a pack of Long Fangs, so they make up for that lack.

OK they are not the cheapest models and tend to be fire magnets - unless you have them in mixed armour troops, in which case make sure they are in the minority, although they only have a power armour save, they don&#39;t have to be taken out of the game first.

Will have to see what the new marine codex has to make of them&#33;
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Termies are really great in many ways. They soak up enemy fire, beat up almost anyone in cc, and with the new assault cannon rules - shoots anything to pieces&#33;

And about the points cost... it&#39;s reduced in the new rules&#33; They were worth the points before, but now... hell yeah&#33; :wub:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rex@Oct 13 2004, 13:31
    Termies are really great in many ways. They soak up enemy fire, beat up almost anyone in cc, and with the new assault cannon rules - shoots anything to pieces&#33;

And about the points cost... it&#39;s reduced in the new rules&#33; They were worth the points before, but now... hell yeah&#33; :wub:
    [snapback]229003[/snapback]
    Brilliant&#33;&#33;&#33; REduced cost? What to? Now all I need is two more, and I have a squad&#33;&#33;&#33;
    WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

Hoping to win my first game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally play iron hands which dont even get access to the use of terminator squads, so i perosnnaly dont think their are worth it. but i sitll use them as vetsarges, and in other armies, i dont say they arnt compeletely not worth using, but their never good in under 1500
    Quote of the week: &quot;dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I have heard is that the points cost is only a reduction of 2 points, but hey, that&#39;s not bad.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines&#33;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast