Brotherhood Champion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Brotherhood Champion

So the BC is the only non-Char, non-inq HQ not in terminator armor. That seems kind of odd to me, but what is even more odd is his wargear. A BC has an Anoited Blade, which allows him to re-roll any failed misses. Now that is pretty good, but why is 1 of his 3 wargear options digital weapons? Arent you just waisting 5 points? There is a rule somewhere in the BRB that says you can only re-roll 1 time. Any thoughts on this, besides the Matt Ward excuse?

Has anyone used a BC in a game? He has the some of same special rules as Crowe but not as an impressive stat line, but he is an IC. Thoughts?

~Syko

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

I have used him once, the fact that crowe can allow you to use purifiers as troops is the only real reason people use crowe more because personally if it wasnt for the fact that crowe allows purifier troops I would prefer to take a Brotherhood champion every time, although the fact he only has 1 wound is a bit of a let down but he is a bargain HQ.
    The fact that he doesn't have terminator armour doesnt worry me, he has artificer armour and an iron halo, sure he can't deepstrike, but he can sweeping advance enemy units in CC.
    The digital weapns bit is a bit of a mystery...... ?o.o?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

The digital weapons are indeed a waste as they do absolutely nothing he doesn't already but better. The BC makes for a good boost to any assault based unit you may have in mind. Since he only has one wound chances are you'll want to use his ability to reroll failed saves in order to keep him alive unless you can goad your opponent into attacking and killing him with something good so that you can make it disappear with heroic intervention. The only wargear I find worthwhile is the Empyrean Brain Mines.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I've used the Champion a few times, and I like him. He's the cheapest GK HQ there is, which is also its own benefit. You can afford to attach him to a unit, thereby turning it into an assault unit, and run him into danger. If you get a little lucky, you can eliminate an important character from your enemy, and if you're not that lucky, he's either a great force multiplier or not much of a waste if killed in action.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Thanks for the advice guys, i was thinking of a list with no terminator armor or Named Characters. 2k points

2X Brotherhood Champion
    Psybolt ammo

2X Purifiers X5
    MC Hammer
    2X Psycannons
    2X Halberd
    Razorback TL HB, PsyAmmo, Searchlight

Vindicare Assassin

2X GKSS X10
    MC Hammer
    2X Psycannons
    PsyAmmo
    Rhino, Searchlight

2X Interceptors X10
    MC Hammer
    2X Psycannons
    PsyAmmo

The BCs Ride with the Purifiers. This probably wont be very competative but seems like it could be a decent alternative to a Crowe spam purifier list.

I know the Vindicare doesnt exactly fit the all GK list, i was thinking of swapping him for 5 Vanilla GKSS and a razorback, or a Psyfileman Dread. To me the dread would attract too much attention, the additional Razorback would add a decent amount of fire power but the squad inside is pretty much just fluff.

~Syko

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So why not make a single purifier squad of 10 and combat squad them? Gives more tactical capabilities and options for who's in what squad? Or swap 1 interceptor squad for another 10 man purifiers with 1 champion each and combat squad the other interceptors? Surely they can fill their role with only 10 - they're mainly for attacking support units anyway, aren't they?
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

2x9 purifiers in rhinos with plenty of halberds and hammers. Add a champion to each unit and the rerolls and double hammerhand will be fantastic.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Mmm. Brotherhood Champions. Great units. Only thing stopping me from doing what Mad Cat mentioned, is running that many purifiers can restrict other units in your army.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

The only thing preventing me from running them most of the time is that they're an HQ choice. So many good HQ choices (and Elite Choices, for that matter). Same problem I have when picking Heavy/FA choices in the Guard Book, really.

Side note: Digital Weapons allow a reroll to wound, so they're not completely useless. They're much like master-crafting on other squads.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

However Digital weapons are useless on the Brotherhood Champion as the Anointed Blade already allows you to reroll to wound rolls. However I side with Stradius in that there are so many great HQ choices in the codex that the BC gets passed up for some of the others.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast