Just Startin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Startin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, im new to 40k and the army I have chosen is Witch Hunters. I was wondering a couple simple things. Now I havent bought a book yet (dont currently have the money) but I do have the rulebook. I want a Space Marine heavy army. Would I need a certain general to have them (like the demonhunters) or can the army have any unit I want. I know Im jumping the gun, by not having the book, but would a good 500 point be:

2 SM tactical Squads

2 Rhinos

Witch Hunter Inquisitor ( dont know what equipment)

I was wondering so I can have proxy battles. Anyway and help would be ...... well helpful. Thanks in advance.

"Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, the Vulcans, breeding will be permitted once every seven years. For many of you this will mean much less breeding, for e, much much more." -- Comic Book Guy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is pleanty of help already available. Just use the Search option. "Start" will turn up a lot of stuff. If you don't find anything there, browsing through the WitchHunters forum should turn up a lot of information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok sounds good. One quick question: What is an infantry platoon? The online store says its a command and two Cadian shock troops. This is true correct? Or can it be one Shock troop with command, or a shock troop without command. They sound like perfect canon (get it&#33 fodder. THANKS!

"Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, the Vulcans, breeding will be permitted once every seven years. For many of you this will mean much less breeding, for e, much much more." -- Comic Book Guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Warhammer 40k SotekRocks!

You need to by the Codex before spending any money on models. You are already talking about illegal forces and I hate to see someone pay the outrageous prices for GW stuff to find out they cant use it.

If your set on the Witch Hunter force the you will need to read Codex and make a small list. Then you can just post the list and others here will help you smooth it out so you don’t spend the cash on unneeded models like we all did.

The new Space Marine book is due out this month and you may want to take a look at that as well before deciding. And from what your saying you will need both books anyway.

The store was correct when telling you about the Platoon. It is 1 cammand and 2-5 troops. You would need the IG codex to use these in your force as well.

Sorry to inform you that you cannot have all 3 (Withhunters/SpaceMarines/IperialGuard) in the same army tho..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I know I should buy the book but I cant get up to GW. Im just excited, WH's have such interesting fluff and their just plain cool! I wanna play them ASAP but I can wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats the kind of die-hard enthusiasm Witch Hunters and Battle sister players are known for. I remember reading the witch hunters codex cover to cover, nearly commiting every word to memory as I did so when it was first published. If you like the witch hunter fluff, you will love the codex a lot. Order it online if your having trouble getting to the store.

+ Reply to Thread