Expansion to 2000pts, help required! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expansion to 2000pts, help required!

Afternoon all.

So, I've got quite a nice little 1500pt Coteaz-henchmen list which I think should do well (haven't had a chance to test it) but as my regular opponents often wish to play 2k, I've been thinking what I can put in to take my list 'to the next level', as it were. My list currently has;
    • Coteaz
    • Rad grenade xenos inquisitor
    • Vindicare
    • 2 X 6 Psyker+3 Melta squads in chimeras
    • 1 X 2 Jokerao+3 Melta-servitors in chimera
    • 1 X 4 Assassins+1 Banisher+2 Crusaders (go with xenos inquisitor in stormraven)
    • 1 X 1 warrior with storm bolter + either 3 arco-flagellants or 5 warriors with hot-shot lasguns (I have both) in psybolt razorback
    • 1 X Stormraven (bare bones)
    • 2 X Psyriflemen dreads.

Now, as I'm keen to use the spare models I have already (i.e. the 45pts worth of warriors or arcos), that leaves me with:
    0 HQ slots
    2 Elite slots
    1 Troops slot (if I stick the arcos in with the assassin squad rather than give them their own unit)
    2 Fast attack slot
    1 heavy support slot.

What can I use within the FOC to take me to 2000pts whilst actually complimenting the army? 455pts of what exactly? I'm thinking either a decked out interceptor squad or a grey knight unit and a dreadknight (converted out of something else, I'm not buying one) that I can DS in and get some power-armoured support. And maybe 2 lone paladins for holocaust-shennanigans (there's a phrase you don't see often).

Ideas please! Everything in the army is converted so nothing's too daft, and any grey knight units won't look like grey knights.

If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

10 purifiers with halberds, 2 hammers and the odd flamer to ride in the storm raven. Buy another chimera for the deathcult squad and move the =][= in to join them maybe.

You could also add an extra dread either psyfleman or MM + CCW travening in the storm raven. (may need to drop a purifier or two to fit this in)
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much deliberation I've decided (for now) on including the following
    • A lone paladin with a hammer (for deepstriking, using holocaust then being a distraction or tankbuster)
    • 6 strong squad of regular GK's, psybolt ammo, psycannon, hammer on justicar and 1 halberd (to use 5pts really, no other reason)
    • my spare 3 arco-flagellants (joining the assassin squad)
    • dreadknight with personal teleporter and heavy incinerator

The dreadknight has a strange set up mostly so I can use a dragon in 40k, I think the rules will represent one quite well (plus there are waaaaay better dragon models than the crappy dreadknight, not to mention it'd suit the look of the army)

Other than being fun, does anyone think these models will achieve anything with the current army?
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

+ Reply to Thread