Finecast Vanguard vets... whats in the box? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finecast Vanguard vets... whats in the box?

Okay so I'm new to Marines (as my other posts have indicated) and since my other army is Tau im liking being half decent at CC and shooting and I'm really liking power weapons in my tac squads, so much so that i've used all but one from my 2 assault marines boxes. I'm interested in Vanguard vets sometime soonish cause i love their fluff and if attacking the right target will give anyone a headache.

Since GW in their wisdom allow you to give squads equipment that you dont actually get in the boxes (power weapons in tac squads for example) im wondering what is actually in the vanguard box weapons wise? I'm planning to run mine as power weapon jump infantry but I'm willing to bet some of my chapter's gene-seed there isn't enough in the box for all five to be equipped that way.

Anyone who has bought them let me know what you actually get if you could.

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

There's enough parts to build exactly what's shown on the box, and not a lot else.

You'd probably be better off just using some regular jump pack marines with a fancy paint job, and ordering the extra power weapons from a bits site or something.

Though I feel oblidged to point out that between the power weapons and the jump packs, your Vanguard will cost ~45 points per model - it'd quite seriously be cheaper to run some Terminators, and assault termies with hammers and shields are pretty nasty customers.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

thanks for that! most helpful!

how much would the bitz cost roughly?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Bitz can be purchased off ebay, craigslist, and places like bitzban. prices vary by your location, your patience, and what you want.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Though I feel oblidged to point out that between the power weapons and the jump packs, your Vanguard will cost ~45 points per model - it'd quite seriously be cheaper to run some Terminators, and assault termies with hammers and shields are pretty nasty customers.
    You'd save 5 points per model but would have to walk or buy a transport in return for your extra pip of armour - vanguard are fun, but the box isn't work it.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    You'd save 5 points per model but would have to walk or buy a transport in return for your extra pip of armour - vanguard are fun, but the box isn't work it.
    2+ armour, 5++ or 3++ iinvul save, and they can still deepstrike.

Not that I really take termies much, but it's a better option then the vanguard loadout that he's looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone, good points which will be taken on board. I've got around 2000pts atm, prob a bit more if I tool everything up I already use 5 assault termies either in a redeemer or deep striking, but I also like the idea of stern guard and a dreadnought so with those and my termies i cant take any more elites in a standard mission (im looking at building up to around 3000pts as a friend of mine and I really enjoy big games on a wet weekend) which is why i thought about vanguard as the only fast units I have are 10 assault marines because bikes and land speeders dont really look that flash to me atm.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Land Speeders are very very cool, and definitely do the job. I don't think I've had a list without them for months - don't write them off because of the AV10! Typhoon Launcher = whooshBANGdeath
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a lot against dark eldar who has near perfected the web way portal style of battle so speed is something I could use... I shall play test with some stuff, I'd like to hear more but i'll have to start a seperate thread which i shall do laters.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Dont have the box,but since they used to be metal once i bet i could summarise it in:What you see in the pic,is what you get.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast