Draigowing thoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draigowing thoughts

Well as point levels rise I see alot of people picking Libbys as their second HQ choice. For very good reasons as Libbys make great force multipliers. What if instead of a Libby you take a Xenos Iqu with PA, rad and psycho nades, psyker upgrade and the plasma syphon for 103 points? Since the FAQ came out the UPS has become much more powerful and would in theory provide a great defense for your pallies. On top of that with the nades and hammerhand the inq still acts as a very powerful force multiplier in CC.
    So what are your thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Except for the fact that Plasma isn't really what scares Paladins, it's Meltas and S8+/AP2+ blasts... and Might of Titan both provides extra strength and +d6 Armor penetration (not to mention it can be used on a squad other than the librarian's own)... and the Librarian has a (good/very good) invul save, which the Inq does not, and higher WS/S/T/I all for only 62 points more.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

I have to agree with Stradius. Inquisitors are really there to be kept on the cheap. The priciest I'll run (outside of Corteaz) is 85 around points, and believe me, I love inquisitors, and the Plasma Syphon is indeed nice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I have used a cheap =][= with just rad grenades and the plasma siphon. for only 50 points you get an extra paladin over the above inquisitors and 2 extra paladins over the librarian. Put him in the paladin squad without drago and you get the plasma protection in the unit that cannot take AP2 hits on drago's shield. Yes it is not the best protection but can save you from some nasty AP2 wounds and for the small point cost it is well worth it.

The reason I don't go for the hammerhand upgrade and psyco grenades is because paladins should be winning most combats they get into and often it is nice to not win some combats outright.

The quicksilver benefits can be replicated by taking halberds on paladins and the might of titan can be replicated with a few extra hammers and hammerhand + rad grenades. In Draigo lists not at 2000 points level the cheap =][= is well worth it.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

3+ cover and making it difficult/dangerous for the enemy to assault you is pretty nice.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

I dunno, assaulting a unit of Kans and easily getting 7 penetrating hits before the little blighters could even swing kinda sold me on Might of Titan. (My Librarian runs Shrouding + Sanctuary + Might)
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    3+ cover and making it difficult/dangerous for the enemy to assault you is pretty nice.
    Bingo. Better than nice, devastating.
    What makes 40k fun is that sometimes, if we do it just right and lady luck smiles on us, rock will kick the **** out of paper. And thats the way it should be.

+ Reply to Thread