purifier question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

purifier question

if memory serves, the rules for cleansing flame read "involved in combat", could that mean that it follows the same rules as for determining which models get to attack in combat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

"All enemy models that are part of the same assault suffer one wound on a roll of 4+"

So if I understand your question correctly, it is all models involved in the close combat, so in effect, you will have already moved into the assault phase and are just doing the cleansing flame prior to rolling any assault dice.

Hope that helps.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was just wondering what defined "enemy models that are part of the same assault". i know cleansing flame happens prior to any other rolls, I'm just wondering if the cheese is as blue as I think it may be.

(to explain, my girlfriend plays orks, green tide specifically, and i was wondering if i would get 30 cleansing flame dice against her unit of thirty boys. my interpretation of the ruling is that i would get one die per ork involved in combat. that is to say, one for every model within two inches of a model within base contact of an enemy model.)
    Last edited by ninjabread_man; August 5th, 2011 at 09:37.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Yes, you would get 30 dice rolls. If you know you are going up agianst orks, Purifiers can eat them for breakfast. Just hope they don't bring 3 battle wagons with deff rollas
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Guys, the rule states nothing about rolling for each individual model. It specifically states that ALL enemy models involved in the combat suffer a single wound on the roll of a 4+. It means exactly what it says. You roll once and it wounds everyone or no one.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slobulous View Post
    Guys, the rule states nothing about rolling for each individual model. It specifically states that ALL enemy models involved in the combat suffer a single wound on the roll of a 4+. It means exactly what it says. You roll once and it wounds everyone or no one.
    I agree that this is a valid reading of the English verbiage. But you can read it so that it's one die rolled per enemy model instead. That is also a grammatically correct reading.

Such are the vagaries of GW's "RAW". They fail to write precise verbiage, and thus sow confusion.

I am convinced the intent is one die per enemy model. Given two potential readings of a rule, we must attempt to divine the fair intent GW meant to imply. You may disagree with my interpretation of intent ... and there's nothing I can say about that.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

Going back to the OP's Question, I believe Cleansing flame is written so that if the purifiers are part of a multi assault it affects all models. If a unit is in CC that unit can’t do anything else even if they are outside of the 2" so they are part of the assault even thou they get no swings. As GW likes to say it’s a swirling melee so even thou some models are out of 2" there is movement amongst the unit that the models don’t represent. So the whole unit would be a part of Cleansing flame.

I also believe that its 1 die per model affected by CF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

Stupid double post strikes again.
    Last edited by Sykodmon; August 7th, 2011 at 16:15.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

+1 @number6

When will GW stop play testing and start proof reading?

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW play test? since when? It certainly seems that its written that you roll a single dice but thats not how I would play it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast