Sisters of Battle: new Codex in White Dwarf, the full range of models online. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Sisters of Battle: new Codex in White Dwarf, the full range of models online.

I am usually a very positive person and love to give GW a chance, but what happened is ridiculous.
    First the models are removed from sales to build up some hype. Than a half-assed codex is made.
    And now we are being sold same old models at same old ridiculous prices.

I am sad

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRussian View Post
    I am usually a very positive person and love to give GW a chance, but what happened is ridiculous.
    First the models are removed from sales to build up some hype. Than a half-assed codex is made.
    And now we are being sold same old models at same old ridiculous prices.

I am sad
    I, for one, couldn't agree more. They didn't even bring them out in plastic...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

New plastics ARE in the works, and from what I've heard they are fantastic There were problems with them or something and so they've been getting delayed, but I would expect a large range of plastics when we get a proper codex.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

@ ikbuh
    in this scenario I would appreciate more if GW would not just put back the old minis. It just shows how little respect the company has for the player base. If there would be a letter posted that SOB are being delayed it would be a better solution. In current scenario I see it as "here we screwed up but play with the old toys for a while" not even discounted minis are put back, it is store's last ditch effort to sell the metal, but it could have been done with more dignity to the consumers.

I have all the metal minis I need and will buy plastic ones that will come out, but I do not want to be treated like a dummy so GW can shove anything in my face. Oh look a sister squad that has been out for 7 years, and re-released now with poor rules.

Cheers

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

~shrug~ I haven't seen the second half of the WD-dex, so I'm withholding judgement, for now. I have ~50 sisters as it is, so if they don't mix well with the new plastics, aesthetically, I will have a hard time deciding where to take the army. I currently don't have any non-power-armored models in the force...so I guess I could dump my six seraphim, and just keep the metal battle sisters models, taking advantage of new seraphim, repentia, and anything else that isn't a footslogging battle sister...~shrug~ We'll see....
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

@ Marnepup
    I am halting my judgment so far as well, but the work presented so far in not encouraging, does not make me feel excited about having a SOB army and in fact makes me even reluctant to make any investments.
    I have thought about aesthetics already, say newer sisters have slightly different armor, I would use old ones as rank-and-file sisters while new models will be celestians etc. or vise versa depending on the models.
    Still, I'm not ecstatic, I want to see everything and do want to have a competitive AND interesting army.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I have thought about aesthetics already, say newer sisters have slightly different armor, I would use old ones as rank-and-file sisters while new models will be celestians etc. or vise versa depending on the models.
    That's not a terrible idea. I'd probably only use the new ones for celestians (assuming they're better), and use the metals for Battle Sisters, Dominions, etc...the "not elite" sisters. I rather suspect that I'll only be fielding battle sisters, celestians, and seraphim, anyway. Maybe one squad of dominions...but I have better things to do with my heavy choices than waste them on infantry. But I'm thinking 1-2xSeraphim, 1xCelestians, 1xCommand (um, they're celestians, really), and 3+ battle sisters squads. Add in the canoness (and maybe a palatine...I can't bring myself to run two canonesses, for fluff reasons. As it is, my DIY order is pretty small, ample justification for the canoness to personally lead every battle) and an exorcist or three...I'll have to work out the new points at 1850 and see how many squads I can have...I'd go 1 celest, 1 seraph, 1 command, 2 battle sisters, canoness, then 2-3 exorcists, then a third battle sister squad, then a second seraphim squad, then a palatine, then more battle sisters...I think. I dunno, I'm sure everything will change when the second half of the dex comes out.

Interestingly, I think we'll get an eldar-like choice for what passes for melee troops (for eldar, they actually are melee troops). I'm thinking celestians, with good armor and crap weapons, are our scorpions, and repentia, with no armor but nasty hard hitting weapons, are our banshees...it's not a perfect analogy, but the choice between the two is similar in both armies, IMHO.
    Last edited by Marnepup; August 18th, 2011 at 19:56.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    I'm thinking celestians, with good armor and crap weapons, are our scorpions, and repentia, with no armor but nasty hard hitting weapons, are our banshees...
    Potential wargear options aside celestians appear significantly less capable in close combat than scorpions, though likely cheaper and with access to heavier firepower. Equipment may make them a cc unit but their stats do not.

Repentia arn't banshees though, hell their faith power even works on the assumption that you have just charged them into something that will kick the stuffing out of them. The only question is - are they cheap enough to take a gamble with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Repentia are better imo, now we need to know the exact cost of the unit. Because if they use their faith, either way if they get killed or not, they still get to do their attacks. IMO a good combo with a priest... wtb fleet.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

IMO a good combo with a priest... wtb fleet.
    The priest isn't fleet, so will slow them down, and does not grant a bonus on faith tests. At 60 points you would (hopefully) get 4-5 repentia for his cost which may be a better investment.
    Rage and slow speed may ultimately kill them on the board regardless of cost, just the nature of the unit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast