Converting Daemonhosts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the middle of converting daemonhosts as allies with my SM army (led by an inquisitor lord). I find these guys awesome, but do they have anything bad about them that I don't see? Anyone use them? :huh:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do , theyre useful because they dont need to deep strike since they have the ability to move anywhere within an inch if an anemy on the board. the only problem is they seem to be a target that players shoot an theyre on there own so the get hit directly instead of some1 esle takin the shots for em' :closedeyes:
    hunt or be hunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am planning on using them such as yourself, so here's to mutual success.
    Now, as far as I can tell they are supposed to be too random to really rely on. Pretty much all of their psychic powers are useful in their own right, but you'll never know what one you'll get. Further like the previous poster mentioned, they are single-model units, not independent characters. So unfortunately independent character rules do not apply to them, and this will force you to hug some cover or run the risk of being sniped.
    I havent decided if I should Deepstrike the unit or just deploy as normal behind my vehicles and hope for a good movement based psychic power (just dont get too close to my own troops or risk rolling a terrify).
    One other drawback for you is going to be that the Daemonhosts will take up your single elite choice slot, so you have to decide if its better to use Daemonhosts rather than Grey Knight Terminators or an Assassin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally play pure GK. However, I did once play radical and try 3 Daemonhosts. They are very good at tying up units in CC. The random power isn't too bad, really. Most of them are very useful, especially when they are stuck in CC (which is where you need them). A potential 13 Attacks at S6 are a sight to behold.

The real downer (because I usually play vs chaos or SM) is that the daemonhosts dont have power weapons or anything that ignores armor. Against a 2+ or 3+ save only a few of their attacks will actually wound. Still, they are fun to jump around, torment your opponent, and generally tie up units. Don't expect them to wipe out units of armored foes, but expect a single daemonhost to stop entire units (even DPs&#33 in their tracks for a few turns.

+ Reply to Thread