purifiers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: purifiers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

purifiers?

Which would you recommend, Falchions or halberds, and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

I'd say Halberds.

First reason, they are cheaper points wise than Falchions.

Second reason, it doesn't matter how many attacks your unit has if they can't land attack and get wiped out before they can even attack from a high Initative unit, at I6 there a few units (and ICs for that matter) that have a higher Inititive than 6.

Third Reason, because in most cases you will be striking first in CC (always a good thing) you will devestate your opponents unit with your force weapons meaning he has less to hit you back with, if they survive at all, and you suffer less casualties. Every Grey Knight is valued and expensive, you don't get many models on the table and can't sacrifice them needlessly and must protect each one of them the best you can, even in CC!

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Farseer Macleod has summed up all you need to know on this subject, Nemesis Force Halberds rule on purifiers. Take a unit of ten, eight with halberds and two with daemonhammers and you have a unit that can take on almost anything from grots to greater daemons and win. I know this because this is the configuration I normally take them in my Grey Knight army and they have not let me down yet.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; August 21st, 2011 at 04:34.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread