Time for a change - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a change

Hello all followers of the emperor, for all of my experience for playing 40k I feel like I need a change and want to try fighting for the emperor rather than fighting against him for I play Chaos Marines, Necrons, and Tau. So if I do decide to fight for the emperor I would most likely choose the Blood Angels. What I want to know is if this would be a logical step from play traitors and xenos to the forces of "good". If any of you think I should play a different emperor worshipping army I will try it all, execpt for Vanilla marines, nothing special, or the Imperial Guard, already tried them and it took me forever to take a single turn because of my friends infintry heavy gaurdsmen.So please and thank you.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to
    speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

BA are a good choice if you want to play a pro-Imperium army rather than an anti Imperium one. Even better if you like to field things that go FAST.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Yeah BA are a good choice,after all they and a couple of their succesors are on the edge of falling to chaos...
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Chaos, necrons, tau. Hrmmm...

I would say that if you want to be able to move around quickly, go with BA. If you want to finally revel in the assault phase instead of being afraid of it, go with BA. BA will be the antithesis of what your necrons and tau were.

Now, if you play something like Space Wolves, you'll probably think to yourself: "This is what my chaos army should have been, but wasn't." And don't forget something like Grey Knights if you want to watch tyranid players cry, all two of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well after reading through the blood angels and grey knights codexs, I think that i would actually enjoy playing Blood angels because the way I see it the Grey Knights commit heresy whenever they are on the board. Deamon weapons, seriously that is for chaos marines. and Justicar thawn's better We'll Be Back, MATT WARD learn how to keep rules from other codexes in thier own codexs.

But I like the thought of flying terminators into battle with a stormraven and having all of my troop choices moving 12" a turn. Not to mention DREADNOUGHT SPAM.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to
    speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

You can Dreadnought spam in both armies. The vanilla codex is very powerful too. Take a look at that one before deciding on BA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think BA are the ultimate dreadnaught spam. It's a little expensive, but you can get 11 dreads on the board with BA (although you will have no scoring units). Take a 25 man DC, which gets you 5 DC dreads (all troops), then 3 furiosos (elites), and 3 regular dreads (heavy). I honestly have no idea how well it would work or exactly how many points, though.

+ Reply to Thread