A non-SM player asking about the Cyclone Missile Launcher - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

A non-SM player asking about the Cyclone Missile Launcher

Hi I haven't played for a long long time and when I came back I noticed that the Cyclone Missile Launcher is now Heavy 2 without being more expensive. How can that be? Was it UP before? I ask because when I compare to the Chaos Terminators' Reaper Autocannon the Cyclone Missile Launcher costs only 5 points more but it has +1 in Strength, -1 in AP, longer range and it doesn't replace a Storm Bolter, which can be fired at the same time. The Reaper Autocannon is twin-linked but yet it seems wrong with only a 5 points difference. The BT Cyclone Missile Launcher even costs the same as the Reaper Autocannon. Any thoughts about this?

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

You also have to consider that not only are chaos marines cheaper than other varieties, you also only need a minimum of 3 terminators in the squad.

Therefore, if you cared about no other upgrades, you could get a unit of 3 chaos terminators with a reaper auto-cannon for 115 points, which is coincidentally HALF the cost of a unit of 5 space marine terminators with 1 CML.

All in all, you have to consider the costs of the units as a whole.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread