Librarium Online Forums banner

Help against GK 1500pts with C:SM

774 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  nichodemus10 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm currently in a league and there is one army I can't really beat and that is an Inquisitor GK army. I'm running C:SM at 1500 pts but had already lost to him once already. I believe he will be my next opponent once more and I figure I should turn to the forums for aid. So far, I believe he is running;

Cortaz with Jakaros, a few shield bearers, and assassins
2 Dread-knight with the jump pack thingy with hammers, and the flamers
Land raider redeemer with libby and another inquisitor squad with a few assassins I believe
A inquisitor squad

The two Dread-knight would probably travel together. and Terran will be extremely heavy due to the scenario

#2 ·
If the list is Inquisitor Squad list with no real GKs then what you need is Heavy Bolters and Auto Cannons for the infantry (they are unlikely to have anything better than 4+ save) and something to pop the transports a bit further away, maybe missile launchers which would also double nicely as anti-infantry. Assassins + Crusaders are nasty in close combat, but remember that if the scenario has lots of terrain you can easily counter assassins I6 by keeping in cover. They don't have frag grenades and cannot be upgraded with frags either. With only 5++ save you should be able to cut quite a few down with simle I4 and cover.

#3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the fast reply with very helpful advice. I did not know that the assassins has no frag grenades. This will be quite interesting then. The Dread-knight also doesn't have frag grenade correct? So to counter those two Dread-knights, wouldn't a squad of termies with thunder hammer be effective?

His only transport last game was a land raider, he basically kept two inquisitor in the back, one has Jakiros with Cortaz. When he feels like it's time, he would move cortaz to the other squad and teleport it near the libby in the land raider.

So far, I'm thinking of bringing the thunderfire cannon into the mix to blast him down. Game map is 4x6 with heavy ruins.

#4 ·
Yeah, Dreadknight doesn't have grenades either. Basically Dreadknight + Assassin list suffers from the same problem as assaulty Tyranid lists. High initiative and very deadly in assault, but its easily neutralized by cover due to lack of grenades. With Thunderfire cannon once the assassins debuss from any transports you can blast their ass off. Also remember that normal bolters ain't half bad against inquisitor retinues. They have majority T3 so you'll be hitting on 3+, wounding on 3+ and Jokaeros and Assassins likely have 5++ save and nothing else.

I think your biggest problems will be handling the Dreadknights and Jokaero (remember, they have lascannon-multimelta-heavyflamers). For Dreadknights TH+SS termies and a few long-range heavy weapons like lascannons should do the trick. For Jokaero you just have to make sure that every time you shoot something at the inquisitor squads it will cause so many wounds that he has to allocate some on assassins/jokaeros. Shoot enough and he WILL fail those 5++ saves.

#7 ·
Keep in mind the first time the Assassins assault they will be coming out of the land raider redeemer which gives them frags; Once they have shredded a unit then you have to figure out how you are going to deal with them (often times it can be sitting in cover to force them back into the raider and hoping the game ends before they get a second charge.)

#8 ·
Well, personally I would have been more worried if they were in chimeras. Chimeras and assassins are damn cheap for what they do. Redeemer is awfully pricy and Redeemer full of assassins is pretty much "half-the-eggs-in-one-basket" kind of thingy eating up a huge amount of points. Drop a naked Ironclad in front of it with a Drop Pod and the dread will eat the raider and the assassins for a breakfast without even batting an eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.