where do u get comb melta's from - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where do u get comb melta's from

yea i was just wondering what people use for a combo metal my shop. i play at has a funny rule is what u see is what u get in the tournament play. I can't seem to find any anywhere.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Best and cheapest way is to do this:

you will need - 1 stormbolter (like the one in the space marine commander box) and 1 meltagun (any type is fine).

start with a storm bolter
    remove one side of the muzzle (left or right)
    remove the muzzle of the meltagun
    attach the melta muzzle to the vacant half of the stormbolter

et voila, a combi melta!
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) is more of a general official tournaments rule that's very common, though it is funny that your store would enforce it in all games, including casual ones.

the storm bolter idea is pretty good, maybe include that cylinder on the side of the meltagun somewhere on it as well, guessin its the fuel source, though that's just extra. otherwise, you can do a lot more chopping to piece together a boltgun and meltagun for standard underslung, may need some greenstuff puttying for cracks. it's mostly the meltagun on top with the bottom smoothed out, then add on the front of the boltgun case and barrell and the back half is the magazine, can find a pic somewhere for reference.

otherwise, if you have the money or are too lazy to convert weaponry, there's plenty for sale on ebay. most of the rest are either the SM captain's kit combimelta or csm termie combimelta (the much cheaper of the two).

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

any combi melta conversion that involves a melta gun is *not* cheap

The best method I have used is a flamer, a bolter, and a bit of plasticard.

I use a combination of these two guildes.

This guide to get your "melta" nozzle from the business end of a flamer, as well as converting the flame tank into a melta tank.
    Flamer To Melta Conversion

And using that modified flamer bit in place of the weird metal bit this guide uses for combi-meltas.
    DakkaDakka - Articles - Cheap combi-meltas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DakkaDakka - Articles - Cheap combi-meltas was very very helpful and it only in tournaments that they enforce it. WE have some pretty crazy thing go one in are last month tournament and a lot of use vote on it for WYSIWYG. We had some people come in with some armies that was at least 45% proxy and some models that weren't even game work shop stuff witch is ok but i know their a rule or something on it and it was an ark boys tournament too. But thank again the has helped me out alot never thought of that thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guthbrand View Post
    any combi melta conversion that involves a melta gun is *not* cheap
    It's cheaper. I have had more spare meltaguns than combi-meltas!

Typically I snip the barrel off the front of a bolter, glue on a melta barrel, and then glue the bolter barrel on underneath. It does the trick - looks like a hybrid melta-bolter weapon. Got five of them in my Sternguard.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by sim_james View Post
    It's cheaper. I have had more spare meltaguns than combi-meltas!

Typically I snip the barrel off the front of a bolter, glue on a melta barrel, and then glue the bolter barrel on underneath. It does the trick - looks like a hybrid melta-bolter weapon. Got five of them in my Sternguard.
    I do the same, except that I used spare multimeltas from Land Speeder kits.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

I converted combimeltas for my Sternguard by cutting the bolter foregrip away and attaching a melta nozzle (from meltagun, infernus pistol or just sawed down flamer) there. It comes out looking like a regular bolter with underslung "auxiliary" melta, something similar to this:
    800px-M4FiringWithCasingInAir.jpg
    I think that look fits the idea of single shot melta + regular boltgun the combi-melta is in the game better than the Sternguard-issue combi melta which looks like a single shot bolter + regular meltagun.
    If you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Polaria; September 12th, 2011 at 18:52.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    I converted combimeltas for my Sternguard by cutting the bolter foregrip away and attaching a melta nozzle (from meltagun, infernus pistol or just sawed down flamer) there. It comes out looking like a regular bolter with underslung "auxiliary" melta, something similar to this:
    Attachment 13914
    I think that look fits the idea of single shot melta + regular boltgun the combi-melta is in the game better than the Sternguard-issue combi melta which looks like a single shot bolter + regular meltagun.
    If you know what I mean.
    I like this idea. How long does it take you to do this kind of conversion?
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread