Radical Inquisitor at it again - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radical Inquisitor at it again

Hello!

So, after being down and sad since the new GK codex came out, yes you heard me right, I've now come to accept my fate and pull together a new Inquisition force for my radical Inquisitor. My finely tuned and fun inquisition list based on the Witchhunter codex is now dead and buried, but I will try to create something new and fun to play using the GK codex, and I have some questions for all of you out there.

First some background: I will be running three naked Dreadknights as a form of bound enormous Daemon constructs, Coteaz as my inquisitor lord(unfortunately, but it is the only way to run the list without GK's in it), a couple of Psyfle Dreads using converted Armoured Sentinels as models (yes, I still want to be semi-competitive ), a Stormraven as the Inquisitors personal transport ship, a mechanicus magos in the form of a Techmarine and some Death Cult Assassins (maybe using servitors as models to represent the mechanicus magos lethal combat servitors) Along with these I will be running bolter warriors and melta/plasma in Chimeras as the inquisitors personal guard, as well as a firebase unit consisting of Plasma Cannon Servitors and warriors which the inquisitor will join.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of any good conversions made of Sentinels as I described above? I've been looking, but haven't found much. Armoured Sentinels with kind of a Hydra Flak system...

2. What do you think of the concept as a whole? Does it sound like something you would enjoy seeing/facing/sound cool?

3. Dreadknights as Daemon Constructs - do you know of any similar conversions or count as models that would work?

Thank you all in advance. I hope someone thinks it sounds like a cool project

Cheers!

PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

It does sound like a cool project! But I am useless as far as conversions go. Good luck to you and be sure to post pics of your progress!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

1: The forge World Duel autocannon arms for dreads would actually work well here I think. Attach them to the side of the hull and use plasticard and some greenstuff to make it seem as if the hulls extended to accomadate the weapons and internal magazines. Thats one option.

2: Sounds sweet to me, I really like how you have incorporated the new codex to allow for some Inquisitorial goodness.

3: When I went to warhammer world last I saw a Dreadnight used as a daemon prince. Big daemon sword and other such attatchments. You could make the ecoskeloten seem slightly warped and possibly have the Driver kind of grafted/Grown into the suit.

I hope some of this is useful to you.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

The Autocannons from the Aegis defence line work well for Psyfledreads, also I am hoping you mean Venerable Psyfledreads as regular dreads are heavies along with Dread Knights in the GK Codex.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

A cool idea, very similar to my first ideas for an inquisition force. I even had the same idea about using Sentinels for psydreds. I also considered using Dreadknights with autocannons on the wrists or shoulders for my psydreads but that doesn't really work for you since you are also going to have regular Dreadknights in your list as well (also size is a bit of an issue). If you are looking for good mechy bits I would look to Tau battle suits for some kitbash. Mix that with IG sentinels and you could make some very cool robotic units.

I also considered using the GK codex as a 'counts as' Thousand Sons army. It's pretty much a perfect fit.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

I do recall an individual doing something similar, using Greater Daemons as Dreds. Unfortunately I cannot recall much else, other than I have seen something similar.

It all sounds very cool.

Poke's right about the AEGIS line. It fits perfectly, plus you get walls to use during your gameplay. It's actually a decent kit.

Acolytes with boltguns were fun for me. Very little conversion (except for the melta gun ones). I just used some Empire Marksmen, and gave them Crossbows, cause...well, they shoot bolts! Bolter...etc..etc..

Edit:
    I love themed Inquisitorial lists. I personally run a "Mideval" style of list. Coteaze, I use his armour so he looks...normal. My deathcult assasins are Dark Elf units from fantasy (they don't look like elves. They're weilding 2 weapons, etc..etc..), my Psykers are also from fantasy (various units).

One "conversion" I'd like to do is to convert a dragon from Fantasy (and I use the word convert loosly) into a NDK. Give it a jump pack (it's wings), and a heavy incinerator (it's flame breath). Could even use a Chaos Dragon for something similar in your list
    Last edited by cKerensky; September 13th, 2011 at 04:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello again!

Thanks for the input and suggestions so far. I will have to take a look at that AEGIS-kit. Might be what I'm looking for. Was thinking about the Lascannon arm for the Dread as well, or even the side sponsons for the Predator. If anyone has a link to some pictures of any conversions/models that sound like some of the things I was talking about I'd be very interested in seeing them.

I was actually thinking of using a couple of Carnisaurs (?) from the lizardmen line as NDK's. They are very big and look kind of nasty Though dragons would be cool as well... As above, if anyone has a link to pictures of models that would make good Daemon Constructs I'd be very happy.

(And of course, both are Venerable Dreads of course.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Found some pics, not quite the one I'm thinking of, still really nice conversion though:

DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - deamon prince/dreadknight conversion {{pic heavy}}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a mighty cool conversion, though making three of them seems...a bit daunting Thanks for the link!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

I am using the Auto Cannon turret from The Leamon Russ Battle tank box, thanks to jy2 and sharing his pics many pages back. Since they are from guard it will look a little more natural on the sentinal once its bulked up. You should be able to get them from ebay or some bits site. I used plasticad around it to bulk it up to a normal size dread arm. Sorry no pics of that yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast