Question about paint scheme and Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about paint scheme and Blood Angels

I'm thinking about starting a BA army and was working around with some schemes and I came to like a mainly dark grey scheme with the red shoulder pads, trim, and the helmet. But my question is it frowned upon to use the BA Codex and have a radically different scheme from the standard?

I'm going with a fluffy army basically a BA force going to a planet which mainly consists of cliffs and mountainous terrain. They're basing reflexs that and they're using the armour to blend in.

So what do u think? Is it frowned upon to stray that much from the original scheme or is it no big deal. Would it be different if I was to use em in tournament play?

Thanks in advance
    Pillow

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the general color schemes, SM don't care about blending in. However, make them a successor chapter and your scheme should be fine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

This is definitely a case where you want to make up a chapter of your own. Considering all the bright red and gold bling-bling the regular Blood Angels lug around they don't seem to think "blending in" is fashionable.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Nobody really cares about paint schemes. Do as you like. Even most tournaments don't care so long as you've got three different colors (and, sometimes, that the army is painted uniformly).
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Paint them as you like. My own marines are painted white and green, with trim and insignia in ice blue.

+ Reply to Thread