Right back at you, Matt Ward! ... hehe. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Right back at you, Matt Ward! ... hehe.

Good morning to all!

If you visit a number of 40k forums, here and other sites, you would be aware of my "disdain" for Matt Ward and the Imperium looking more sexist than ever.
    Also, my thoughts on the horrible GK range and their created-to-be-abused codex.

Watching, Clockwork Orange, the other day ... I was thinking about capitalizing on my "disdain".

1. Armor will be mostly black, and any type of cloth would be orange.
    2. Helmets would be black, with white face-plates. Eye lenses would be orange, and I'll try to paint the "lashes" under one or both eyes.
    3. Both ranged and CC weapons, will be all white, to represent the famous scene with the white "figure".
    4. I'm not sure if I should capitalize on the "cheesiness" of the codex, or not.

So, what do you think?

Do you love the idea?

Is it better off as a CSM force?

Or am I going too far?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Covering your 40K forum bases, eh, "MaleOpener".

FWIW, my opinion is posted in reply to your B&C topic.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Indeed I am.

It's something I want to be sure of, before I start this massive undertaking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

The idea sounds intriguing, but I'm not sure the political message would get through to your opponents. Unless of course you tell them, but that then can come accross as a bit preachy.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

*after the responses I received on the B&C forums*

It would seem this idea wasn't planned out as it should have been. It sounded rather good at the time, so I ran with it.

I'm going to watch the movie again, seeing I gleaned something different from it. Good catch on my color scheme mistake, as I have a rare optical condition which prevents me from registering the color white. The color actually being replaced by any darker color which is near white at the time.

I admit I never thought of copyrights, and that was also a good catch.

It was a rather "joking" idea. The whole fluff of the books, that Matt Ward rewrote, was more of his vision. He didn't enrich the fluff already written, and there wasn't a step forward, rather a step backward ... and falling down a flight of stairs.

A. Space Marines - The current codex has lost much of the favor of previous ones. There was the "codex" chapters, and then the player's chapter with a flare of their own. The founding chapters had their "differences", but all were space marines, brothers united under the Emperor of Mankind.
    In the current codex, this vision has been written. Most of the book is about the Ultramarines, with tiny spots about the other Founding Chapters. If you read page 24, you'll see there are 3 kinds of space marines now. There's (1) the Scions of Guilliman, which pertains to the Ultramarines and those chapters created by their gene-seed, who are an ever dominant force in the galaxy. There's (2) those chapters who owe their existence to another Primarch. Those who follow the Codex Asartes to the the best of their abilities, as they're aren't from Guilliman's gene-stock. Then there's (s) the aberrants (or scum) who follow the structure of combat laid down by their Found Primarch. Those few, and dying, chapters who's gene-seed isn't used to create fresh chapters.
    So, the "crown jewel" of this codex? The Ultramarines, and those chapters created with their gene-stock, will exist far after the non-Gilliman chapters fade away ...
    I'm going to wager, that the current SM codex, added fuel to the "everyone hates the smurfs" idea ...

B. DH/GKs - Ok, I agree the previous codex was a bit lopsided. The DHs were designed against demons, and were hard-pressed fighting other opposing forces. The current codex, however, paints the GKs in a whle new light. Reading like a sci-fi novel, practices that would make the chaos gods smile, and boosting uber squads with no limits placed, a chapter created to surpass the precious Ultrmarines. Making demons armies obsolete, and still have a murderous degree against other forces. The abuse is so legal its stupid, only to be put in check by the "they're still space marines" idea.

C. Sisters of Battle - I've played little the previous WH codex, and I'm unsure of the aim of this current "patch" codex, but our butt-kicking Sisters lost their nails. Now, they're more like a general/watered-down IG force under the Imperial Creed. Truly a warrior harem, to every priest and the like, of the Emperor's Church(?).
    I'm probably going to be labelled a sexist, here, but you can't deny the non-existent role of women in the Imperium.

With all that's been said, and I appreciate all that responded, but I may just hang on to my idea a little bit longer.
    I might go with a codex chapter, an inside joke towards the "all powerful" Ultramarines. I'll need to tone down the color scheme, though. And I'll need a chapter name and badge, to hide my "inside joke" intent.

Still, I may just drop the whole idea together, and build lists from Ward-ex-es that I dislike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soo..... what's clockwork orange ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBurton View Post
    soo..... what's clockwork orange ?
    Amazing and surreal film by Stanley Kubrick, the same guy who made 2001: A Space Odessy, The Shining, and Full Metal Jacket, amongst others.

As for no women in the Imperium, I'd have to disagree; plenty of examples of women in the fluff; governors, Inquisitors, entire female regiments of Guardsmen, etc etc. The reason we don't see them on the tabletop is that girls can't be Space Marines (fluff established long before Matt Ward), and Imperial Guard regiments are unisex. Besides the Sisters, there are also the female Inquisitor models. And hey, the Imperium is a repressive, tyrannical theological mess of a civilisation. Not surprising that many of their worlds are in the sway of chauvinistic ideals.

Finally: Matt Ward sucks, thank god he's leaving after 5th edition. DON'T TOUCH MY CHAOS SPACE MARINES OR DAEMONS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Hey, at least Ward can write codecies that don't require a 6-page FAQ that's updated twice within a week of release. Fluff or no, his codecies are actually balanced (In 40k, sacrifice is power, the only thing that matters is intent). You're also missing one of his dexes to complain about - Blood Angels (oh look, a First Founding chapter). If you actually bother to run daemons against a GK list that isn't spamming Warp Quake, you'll find they do quite well anyway.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradius View Post
    Hey, at least Ward can write codecies that don't require a 6-page FAQ that's updated twice within a week of release. Fluff or no, his codecies are actually balanced (In 40k, sacrifice is power, the only thing that matters is intent). You're also missing one of his dexes to complain about - Blood Angels (oh look, a First Founding chapter). If you actually bother to run daemons against a GK list that isn't spamming Warp Quake, you'll find they do quite well anyway.
    It's not the rules that most people dislike Ward for (unless you play Daemons), it's his insanely stupid fluff ideas. To take your example of the Blood Angels codex, why the hell are the Necrons and Blood Angels suddenly buddies!? Does he honestly expect us to believe that A: the Necrons would team up with someone, or B: that once the team-up was over, the Blood Angels wouldn't want to continue destroying the evil race of omnicidal robots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Clockwork Orange was a book first >>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast