Mess Up - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mess Up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to thank and apologize to all the people that have been talking to me on the Doctrine "Guard Infantry Unit" issue. I finally see where I was wrong, and I agree that GW should really getting a bit more detail into the codecies. Thanks to all of you for helping me out with that.

This may sound pretty stupid, but basically it means the same thing for all the other Special EQ, etc., that talks about a "unit" correct? Spending those points on a squad of 5 (for command) and then for each individual squad of 10 soldiers?

A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.
    The Tactica Imperium

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=22782' target='_blank'>The Kalabin 3rd and Last</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

yeah.

cameleoline for a 5 command squad is 10points
    cameleoline for a 10 man infantry squad is 10 points
    and you *have* to give it to both of them.

it&#39;s the downside of equipment.

which bring my doctrine idea to mind.
    that allows you to give equipment to selected squads (for a high price) instead of your entire army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctrines are stupid. I mean we all use them, to customize and make our army better but there so expensive you can&#39;t have a themed army and win. I mean it would be cool to have a mechanic army, so everyone gets a 6+(i) but its not gonna happen at 20 pts per unit. More realistic, I wanted independent commissars but for what you get it just makes them to expensve.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think GW, like any other business, just wants the money, so they leave more to be sought. Which is why whenever they make new things, we run to them.

I think a book explaining how to make your own army and rules, doctrines, etc., would be a major hit with GW. But they won&#39;t do it, they won&#39;t make enough money off of it.
    A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.
    The Tactica Imperium

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=22782' target='_blank'>The Kalabin 3rd and Last</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

118 (x6)

Originally posted by ColonelDraken@Oct 19 2004, 19:38
    I think a book explaining how to make your own army and rules, doctrines, etc., would be a major hit with GW. But they won&#39;t do it, they won&#39;t make enough money off of it.
    [snapback]233598[/snapback]
    it&#39;s hard enough to balance exisiting armies, let alone "custom" armies.

the opportunities for exploitation would run wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

118 (x6)

Originally posted by 311@Oct 19 2004, 05:31
    Doctrines are stupid. I mean we all use them, to customize and make our army better but there so expensive you can&#39;t have a themed army and win. I mean it would be cool to have a mechanic army, so everyone gets a 6+(i) but its not gonna happen at 20 pts per unit. More realistic, I wanted independent commissars but for what you get it just makes them to expensve.
    [snapback]232983[/snapback]

well, *most* doctrines are overpriced. i&#39;ll admit that, but i&#39;d hardly say "Doctrines are stupid."

there is a bunch of really good doctrines out there.

Close Order Dill
    Drop Troop
    Light Infantry
    Cameleoline
    Sharpshooter
    Iron Disp

and some others that other people like more than me.

and i&#39;d much rather have the current doctrine system, then just nilla guard.

doctrines are there to give us a lil bit of customization, not to help us make the "perfect guard list".

but yeah, i&#39;d like to see some of thoes doctrines come down in price. warrior weapons anyone?

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I use carapace armour at 20 points a squad for every squad and I still win enough games to keep me happy, not to mention the costs of the other doctrines I use. It ain&#39;t hard you just need to use your head and get used to the idea of inexpendable guardsmen.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m sure GW could come up with a system that would keep it mostly balanced. And that&#39;s a good point by Triumph...you just need to know what you&#39;re doing, and you could most likely make any of the doctrines useful, overpriced or not.
    The Tactica Imperium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

118 (x6)

Originally posted by Triumph Of Man@Oct 20 2004, 05:35
    inexpendable guardsmen.
    [snapback]233897[/snapback]

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
    oxymorons hurt my brain :unsure:

hehe, yeah a carapace army is an Atypical IG army. but it can also be alot of fun. it allows you to opperate w/out cover as much. and makes a deepstrike army last a lil longer.

but i *like* having expendable guardsmen, i mean.. that&#39;s the whole thing about guard, "you will fight and die for the emperor, and no one will remember you."

+ Reply to Thread