Purifier loadouts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purifier loadouts?

I take my Purifiers as;
    6 men with two psycannons, four halberds and psybolts in a twin linked lascannon to hold my objective at longer range. And two lots of 6 guys with two psycannons, three halberds and a hammer in a razorback with heavy bolter and psybolts to flank or move forward.
    Or ten guys with two cannons, six halberds and two hammers with psybolts in a rhino.

Is this alight or do I need to change it? How do you loadout your Purifiers?

Cheers,
    Connor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

The only thing that really standout as 'wrong', in my mind at least is the psybolts on the 6-man squads. I mean your paying 20 points for 4 guys to hit a S5, thats 5 points per guy. That 20 points could be better spent elsewhere in your list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Macleod View Post
    The only thing that really standout as 'wrong', in my mind at least is the psybolts on the 6-man squads. I mean your paying 20 points for 4 guys to hit a S5, thats 5 points per guy. That 20 points could be better spent elsewhere in your list.
    This.

And also, given Incinerators are free for the Purifiers, you'd want a couple in the groups going foward at least. Psycannons are nice, but turning your foe into crispy critter is also fun.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    This.

And also, given Incinerators are free for the Purifiers, you'd want a couple in the groups going foward at least. Psycannons are nice, but turning your foe into crispy critter is also fun.
    Although I think thats more a personal preferance rather than good/bad. Incinerators may be free but I haven't taken them yet and the only time I've actually lost with my GK I wasn't able to get close enough to use incinerators anyway because I was simply over whelmed by long range firepower and my transports including my landraider were taken out by turn two. Although my opponent seemed to be rolling nothing but 5s and 6s that day! He must have bribed the dice gods.

Psycannons are an all rounder weapon. They pump out plenty shots, they can eat most armours for breakfast and can hurt any vehicle even AV14 and do all this at a decdent range. You can't go wrong with a couple of psycannons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are psilencersany good or complete crap?
    when in used them they killed one space marine of 12 shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by moshhammer View Post
    are psilencersany good or complete crap?
    when in used them they killed one space marine of 12 shots
    Eh?

Heh I take it you mean psilencers? Yes they are rubbish tho any weapon can be rubbish if the dice gods hate you. Please be clearer I what you are asking though.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psilencers are terrible against anthing but daemons and even then your likely better off with incinerators or psycannons for the simple fact that psilencers are a heavy weapon.

+ Reply to Thread