Land raider Helios - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Land raider Helios

I used this in an apoc game the other day and have mixed feelings about it. (Its nice and easy to field as i just bluetaced by whirlwind gun on top or my normal Land Raider lol)

I loved being able to move 6" fire the missiles (the whirlwind ones) at henchmen (GK) in cover - wipping them out- and then use POTMS to fire one of the TLLC at a tank.

However, I saw no point in not moving. Even when it doesn't move the helios can still only fire the whirlwind missiles and one other gun using POTMS as the whirlwind gun is an ordinance weapon.

This meant that for the game i was either firing both TLLC or i was firing one of them with the missiles (never even touched the TLHB lol)
    I wish this tank came with the leman russ rule to allow it to fire an ordinance and normal weapons at the same time!!!

Have you used it?
    What are your views on it?

Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Fire the Whirlwind gun in direct fire mode - the Ordinance thing only applies to weapons fired as barrage weapons, and not as direct fire.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Fire the Whirlwind gun in direct fire mode - the Ordinance thing only applies to weapons fired as barrage weapons, and not as direct fire.
    I am not sure that is true. Would you be able to direct me to where that is stated?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Firing directly allows you to more while firing an ordnance barrage weapon, it still follows the other restrictions for firing ordnance.
    Page 58, main rulebook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Ok so one thing we did talk about was firing all guns at one target and then using POTMS to fire the whirlwind gun at another target.
    However, we decided not as it didn't seem to make sense that that could happen.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

+ Reply to Thread