Space Wolve Grey Hunters, what the f***! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolve Grey Hunters, what the f***!

Hello everybody.

While i was playing a semi competetive game with my marines against the Space Wolves, i was negatively surprised when i a full tactical squad in a 10 man grey hunter squad and just got owned. Counterattack(and an extra close combat which normal tactical marines still lack) totally kicked my ass, me just no understand. Did someone cheat on me here, or when that isnt the case, how the hell do you kill these guys with a tactical squad?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Hes not cheating you, Space Wolves are just that good. Tactical Marines are never going to have chainswords because Assault Marines would become pointless. Just make sure you destroy their transport vehicle and shoot them. I think a plasma cannon, melta or flamer, a combi-weapon and a power fist would be the best load out for a Tactical Marine squad.
    One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dissagree on the Assault marine part, they should just have free jump packs or a free transport to be worth your while. And Space Wolves are just bad assed then, jeez. But thanks anyway!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Then you should do Blood Angels if you want that aha . Your welcome.
    One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Or chaos space marines, which are the exact same loadout and cost as grey hunters. You know how everybody talks about how their basic troops are cheese...

Main thing is just keep in mind that Grey Hunters and Tac Marines serve two drastically different roles within the army. Which is okay, because the armies actually play very differently from each other, and that's a "Good Thing".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Klajorne View Post
    Or chaos space marines, which are the exact same loadout and cost as grey hunters. You know how everybody talks about how their basic troops are cheese...

Main thing is just keep in mind that Grey Hunters and Tac Marines serve two drastically different roles within the army. Which is okay, because the armies actually play very differently from each other, and that's a "Good Thing".
    Chaos Marines? You're forgetting the counter attack, acute senses, cheaper special weapons, and cheaper upgrades for the squad leader equivalent. The Space Wolves also have much better support units to go with their stupidly good basic infantry.

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Chaos Marines? You're forgetting the counter attack, acute senses, cheaper special weapons, and cheaper upgrades for the squad leader equivalent. The Space Wolves also have much better support units to go with their stupidly good basic infantry.
    Grey hunters are great. And (assuming you're putting them in a transport which everybody does), they do have small drawbacks compared to CSM in that you can either chose between a sergeant or a second special weapon. Actually, CSM are great too, but nobody seems to pay much attention to them.

And I agree that the Space Wolf codex as a whole is horribly balanced against the rest of the 5th ed codexes. But that has to do with the codex writer moreso than anything else.

But, I still stand by my point that Grey Hunters and Tac Marines play two drastically different roles within the army. And comparing the two directly is as pointless as comparing apples to oranges. Trust me, I'd love to be able to have my objective sitters be able to toss a missile into the fray every now and again. But it's also pointless in that I don't think you'll find anybody that says the two codexes are directly equal in power level. Not to say that one isn't viable, just that one is objectively more powerful than the other.

+ Reply to Thread