Which Color Scheme Do You Like? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What color should my Eternity Guard be?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black & Grey

0 0%
  • Black & Red

0 0%
  • Black & White

0 0%
  • Regal Blue

2 28.57%
  • Shadowgrey

2 28.57%
  • Yellow

1 14.29%
  • I don't like any of them

2 28.57%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Which Color Scheme Do You Like?

So when it comes to painting my mini's I'm quite indecisive, and playing marines doesn't help that at all. I think of all the wonderful different color schemes I could do and just cannot pick one....but I must. During our winter breaks from college, my friends and I usually have a tournament or campaign of sorts, and I've decided I'm going to have my army painted by then. Yet I need help picking. I'm going to list my possible candidates below and if you could vote I'd appreciate it very much!

Just a little background: My chapter is named "The Eternity Guard". In short they are an Imperial Fist successor chapter who heavily invests in seeking out knowledge (books, old machinery, etc.) I have a good amount of fluff but that's all you really need to know here. In addition to whichever scheme I choose my army will have lots of scrolls, purity seals, and scripture written on their armor and vehicles.

The choices have what I think the base marine would look like and variants for veterans. If you like certain parts but not others let me know about that too! I hope this helps me out and thank you in advance for your opinions.

Black & Grey Blackgrey.jpg
    Black & Red Blackred.jpg
    Black & White blackwhite.jpg
    Regal Blue Darkblue.jpg
    Shadowgrey shadowgrey.jpg
    Yellow yellow.jpg

Last edited by Emysk; November 7th, 2011 at 18:45.
    Eternity Guard (SM) W-15/L-5/D-3
    Lizardmen w16/ L1/ d2 :On hiatus since new rules... =/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the different colored shoulder pads and I think the yellow marines would be awesome on the table. The marines would be an attention getter. I usually play as 'nids so I have a bright scheme that you cant really pull of with other armies. Well thats my two cents. Hope the painting project gos well.

Rugby_Dude

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticing that you are favoring more of the darker flavors.... well the shadowgrey looks like an offshoot of spacewolves, and the yellow ones do look like imperial fists a bit. the change up on shoulder colours are a nice touch, im kinda torn between the regal blue and the black and red ones.... my vote will be the regal blue, but overall liking both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I didn't care for any of them. Most Chapters look bad in black to me (Raven Guard are my exception), and the others aren't different enough from existing Chapters in my opinion. Since you like black but also like their history as Dorn-descendants why not make them black and yellow using a vertical split, sort of like the Eagle Warriors example on page 24 of Codex: Space Marines?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby_Dude View Post
    I really like the different colored shoulder pads...
    Thanks @Rugby_Dude ! The shadowgrey one is actually the scheme I currently have in place with the different shoulders. Fluffwise the different shoulders are the illumination of knowledge(white) and the darkness of secrecy and ignorance (black/red)

@Tyjec'Amun Thanks for your honest opinion! I can certainly understand the dislike of black chapters, I at one point would have agreed with you. I do like them now, though I think I'd rather have something more vibrant. I had also thought about the split but that was just never really my taste, nor the quartering.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Don't do black. So many players have primer-black Marines (and other models) out of laziness that there's a justifiable stigma to it. More than that, if you're planning on a lot of detail then I wouldn't use any dark colors at all. An earthy green or brown would make a nicer background for displaying parchment and ornaments.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I absolutely know what you're talking about @Intrepid , but if it's any consolation I wouldn't do "primer black" marines. I'd prime them black, then do a spray of some sort of dark slate black. Just a stop up from black, but not pure black. I'm very torn, but I almost want to do the yellow :/ Anyone have any use with the yellow Army Painter spray?

+ Reply to Thread