Gaunts Ghosts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gaunts Ghosts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Gaunts Ghosts

Hi all,
    been a while since I've posted here. But I need some help.

I'm trying to work on a Gaunts Ghosts army list for a friend of mine. But my knowledge on this is limited. I've got the old codex with some pointersw:

Light Infantry: good movement through difficult, infiltrators and all that stuff.
    Priests.
    Sharpshooters
    Veterands

Favored Weapons:
    Snipers
    Flamers
    Portable Missile Launchers

They seem to be a mostly infantry army, supported by some tanks.
    Does anybody had any pointers on a Gaunts Ghost army, sample lists in de range of: 1000-1500-2000-2500.
    These will mostly be the numbers we could use for this. Anything in between should be workable, if there is some
    information on them.

Thanks in advance!

'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading the book recently, and here's some pointers of what I would include to match all the characters from the book.

Gaunt's Commanding officers's pack Imperial Guard Gaunt's Ghosts | Games Workshop

Character List

Notable Characters only
    full list here:
    List of Gaunt's Ghosts Characters - Lexicanum
    Army contains mixed gender squads.

Colonel Commissar Ibram Gaunt - Commissar model use Creed Rules w/ Give outflank to units
    -most armies don't seem to use commissar lord, so I ditched that idea -

Colonel Colm Corbec - CSS for smaller games

Major Rawne - Leads a Squad of Penal legionnaires (good knife fighter squad)

'Try Again' Bragg - He uses a hvy bolter represented by Harker + vet squad

Master Sniper 'Mad' Larkin - Leads Sniper Special Weapons Squad

Chief Medic Dorden - Medic

Chief Scout Sergeant Mkoll - Marbo

Sgt Caffran - some trooper represent

Trooper Milo - haven't read his story yet, so no comment yet.

Troop Choices
    -Fluff wise-Special Weapons Squad with demolitions and Flamers
    Heavy Weapons Squad with ML's
    Veterans w/ Forward Sentries w/ ML's

Could have platoons w/ AC, GL for competitive play - say they are supporting regiments, or new recruits.

Modelling Tips - Camo cloaks for all models.

Vehicles/Elites
    Supporting artillery support from other regiments or MoO.
    Storm Troopers lead by inquisitor to join in, was in book Ghost Maker. Chimeras from there.

Tanks would be rare... but Hydras possible, the ghosts tasked with defending this group of hydra's or something.

Just my 2 cents off the top of my head. I might write up a sample 1000 point list and post it later.
    Hope it helps .

Related discussion
    http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/imperial-guard/210172-tanith-gaunts-ghosts-army-2.html

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...host-army.html
    Last edited by nub1; November 22nd, 2011 at 22:35. Reason: grammar, spelling, links
    ~D6 Exorcist Missile Time >=D~

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Commissar Lord with camo cloak and powersword. CCS.
    Elites: None
    Troops: Veteral squads with the foreward observer doctrine. Platoons with HWS and SWS.
    Fast: Attached tanks from other regiments.
    Heavy: Attached tanks form other regiments.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Thanks guys. I should be able to work with this for a bit.
    Any more ideas are always welcome!
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

I've been playing tanith for years, and there isn't really a competitive pure tanith list once you go over 1500 as in my mind pure tanith would mean all foot vets with camo. So I usually use line platoons to represent the Verghasts

Everyone's been over the basics. Missile launchers with the occasional autocannon as your heavy's, flamers should be in present, but the Tanith have been known to use plasma and meltas on occasion when the job calls for it (like when they had to blow the dam they took a couple meltas). They usually are fighting traitor legions so they rarely have to switch from flamers.

I usually use Harker to represent MKoll's scout squad, more for the move through cover variety of it. Marbo=MkVenner. And actually a combo of Creed and Kell can be used to represent Corbec and Gaunt jointly leading the Tanith. I use a single converted Ogryn model with a short barrelled autocannon to represent Bragg who is just a single heavy weapons team.

Captain Al'Rahem I usually use to represent Rawne. He's sneaky and deadly with his knives.

I would decide is if you are going to do an all-time tanith list, or base it off of a single warzone. For example if you were going to do Necropolis I would have a Leman Russ BT or Vanquisher with Pask to represent General Grizmund, and a storm trooper squad to represent Colonel Gilbear once you get over 1500 points.

If you wanted to do Sabbat Matyr then use Colonel Iron Hand Straken to represent the Saint, Milo will be a regimental standard, Commander Chenkov to represent Harker or Gaunt, buy send in the next wave and then get a couple of conscript squads to represent the mass of pilgrims that fought.

But if you wanted an all-time pure tanith list I'd go with Creed-Kell, possibly a second command squad to act as an elite sniper team, Captain Al'Rahem, 4-5 squads of veterans with forward sentries. And a platoon with some heavy weapons squads. I'd focus your flamers into your command squads and use your other squads to carry the other heavy weapons.

Oh, and buy melta bombs for every sgt. They're fluffy in that they represent tube charges and it keeps opponents from having their way with you with tank shocks.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I think Chenkov is a good upgrade if you want to do MSU infantry squads. He combines nicely with Straken to give you some assault punch and lets you play a manoeuvre game rather than being forced into playing a gunline.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Just a heads up but Victoria Lamb miniatures are soon to release a comand squad upgrade with a bagpipe figure. Could be fun for Milo.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/410982.page
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Don't forget to give the Commissar Lord the Camo Cloak. With the way the Stealth rules were FAQ'd, any unit he joints will also benefit from Stealth without having to purchase their own Camo. Lethal for large Infantry Platoon blobs.

+ Reply to Thread