First IG list ever! :-) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First IG list ever! :-)

Right... Deep breath! Here goes! :-D

LORD COMMISSAR

-Powerfist

Vets - Flamerx3, Shotguns, Bolt pistol and Combat Weapon <Carapace armour> --- Chimera
    Vets - Flamerx3, Shotguns, Bolt pistol and Combat Weapon <Carapace armour> --- Chimera

Vets - Meltax3, Shotguns, Plasma pistol, Power Weapon <Carapace armour> --- Valkyrie with Rocket Pods

Vendetta
    Vendetta

974 points

Should I spend the last 26 points on....

-Demolitions for the Valkyrie Vets? A plasma pistol for the Commissar? Something else?

Any ideas for the list in general?

Who should the Commissar ride with?

NOTE: Carapace Armour for the Vets is compulsory, they are modeled from scouts and I'm a big fan of WYSIWYG :-)

Thanks guys! Love you! :-D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

A Primaris Psyker will probably get you more mileage than a Lord Commissar.

Swap a flamer squad for a melta squad.

Plasma Pistols are fairly 'meh' as is the power weapon. Bolt Pistols are filler. Don't get them unless you honestly don't have anything else to spend it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LC w/ PF is the cheapest, most useful HQ in our codex.

An HQ command sqd is only greater if you have the models and are trying to run a PG/MG suicide sqd.

The shotguns in your vet sqds is the best idea. Yes there only 12" but they are assault. Blowing your wad with the option to assault is always better, then not being able to finish off a unit when you need to.

Triple flamer is also good, but remember the Heavy-Flamer/double-flamer vet unit is JUST as much as a triple melta vet sqd. And only when your shooting out of your vehicle do you get EVERY flamer(sometimes you just dont get over 4 flamers off at once.). I got a CCS out or a Chimer with 4 flamers and my guys were in the way for one of them.

I dont care who says it, THE VALK IS NOT BETTER THAN THE VENDETTA. One multi-laser and some one-shot guns should NEVER win you the game. Just take 10pts and make your Valk a Vend..it helps in the long run...(against ALL armies, not just the Nid player you smash)Throw the HB's on if your worried about good horde lists.

The only thing plasma does for IG when it isnt spammed is KILL YOUR SGT/GUYS!!! you only pay to possibly kill your guys(Or make you fail a morale check)....that'd be fine if you were rolling a power armor save..but your not. I like to throw them on my LC's because he has more than one wound..but I would still throw one PP on the Vet sgt to make 2 PP's(LC + sgt) and thats ONLY for suicide units(stuff that make WAY more than there pts back in one turn only...and don't live to tell the tale).

The only real input I have to give is to invest in a few Chimera. They're not cheap but look on ebay and in your local store's consignment bin. They add both armor and versatility to you lists. Also you can chose to start them in the Vend's and just shove the Chimera in the face of your opponent with the free HF's that come on the hulls.

GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by Riptok; December 6th, 2011 at 00:09. Reason: Spelling errors.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by john117 View Post
    Love you! :-D
    Not on the first date.

Okay maybe...but I required an expensive meal at a fancy restaurant and a good bottle or two of wine.

+ Reply to Thread