wolf guard squad leader question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wolf guard squad leader question

i have a plan to field 10 wolf guard in a LR and chuck in ragnar and a wolf preist in the squad. I also plan to take termie armour and heavy weapons on 2 of the wolf guard and break them from the squad and use them as squad leaders for grey hunters. my concern is that at the start of the game before deployment when i break of the termie wolf guard is that the listed squad will be to big for the LR redemer's transport capacity wilth the wolf guard squad being 12 coz of the termie armour so i cant add the to characters to the squad in the LR or because i will taking out the termie guys at deployment there will be space in the LR for the characters? can some1 plz answer my question

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I'm rather lost on what you're asking. A little punctuation will go a long way. Right now that's run-on sentence of yours is a confusing mess.

So, you're having 8 PA Wolf Guard, 2 TDA Wolf Guard, Ragnar and a Wolf Priest in a squad. That squad size is 14 units in regards to transport capacity. You couldn't put them in a LR Redeemer, but you could embark them in a LR Crusader. Now, if you pulled 4 PA Wolfguard or both TDA Wolf Guard (or any combination there-of) and had them join other squads as Squad Leaders, you could embark the remaining Wolf Guard+Ragnard+Wolf Priest into the LR Redeemer without issues. So long as the game starts with them being at or below transport capacity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

already answered

I completely agree with the vet up there ^. The only suggestion I have is to give two of the wolf guard powerfists, and two or more combi-meltas. I also use this squad in my higher point games. It's a huge point sink, but if you get them in the right place, that squad will turn into a meat grinder and will decimate squad after squad.This squad alone could win you the game.

For example: I once charged this squad, except it was an 8-man instead of a 10-man, into two 16-man bloodletter squads and won. That's 32 bloodletters that have power weapons, and I survived with both Ragnar and the wolf priest, and 4 other men left.

+ Reply to Thread