5000 apoc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5000 apoc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

5000 apoc

ok i dont have a 5000 apoc coming up but im just curious as to what people would bring. For the shock factor i was thinking of dropping like 32 exorcists and see how far my opponents jaws would drop, lol. what would you guys do?

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

I think most people just field (like you said) endless tanks for SOB in apoc.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Depends what you face - exorcists are good against hordes of dreadnoughts, transports, and eldar stuff, but it's slow going against the AV14 superheavies and apoc weaponry (60"+ range d-strength, apocalyptic barrage, and shooting from flyers).

Last year I took 5 of the things, didn't make it past the first turn as an ork Rok missed by titan by two feet and squashed the lot of them.

The exorcist formation is ... ok. Actually better now given they all have faith-generating laud hailers. Not exactly a must take though.

+ Reply to Thread