Relentless - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relentless

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Relentless

Ok I was reading the rules for both relentless and vehicle fire points. Please read the entries yourself before responding.

Now it seems that the rules for vehicles state that any passengers count as moving if the vehicle moved however relentless says that it counts as stationary even if it moved. to me that sounds like the fact that the vehicle moved is negated by the fact that relentless specifically says that even if movement occured the model with relentless counts as stationary.

That being said the command squad would become much more viable as you would be able to get off the relentless power, move 12" in a rhino and shoot 24" with 2 multi-meltas. how cool is that?

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scave View Post
    That being said the command squad would become much more viable as you would be able to get off the relentless power, move 12" in a rhino and shoot 24" with 2 multi-meltas. how cool is that?
    Fire points, page 66. Passengers may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at Cruising speed (7"+)

You can to it at 6" and less, but it'll cost you 255+ points to have a 75% chance per turn from an AV11 vehicle, and if you fail the roll the vehicle is dead in the water.
    Last edited by A.T.; December 16th, 2011 at 13:36.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

however, relentless states that a model may fire a rapid fire or heavy weapon counting as stationary even if it moved in the last movement phase.

it seems to me that the fire point entry is the catch all for all models as anyone can fire if it only moved 6" however the relentless is specific to a special case of shooting, allowing shooting past the normal stationary position.

Im just saying that since the fire point is a general rule and the relentless is the special rule for special cases it seems that the special rule should overrule the general rule.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scave View Post
    Im just saying that since the fire point is a general rule and the relentless is the special rule for special cases it seems that the special rule should overrule the general rule.
    Models in a cruising vehicle are not prohibited from firing because they are moving, they are prohibited from firing because the vehicle is moving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

good point, damn i was really hoping i found a cool loophole but i guess not

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

They can still get out and fire, but otherwise, you have an effective 30" threat range, 18" for 2d6.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

+ Reply to Thread