The Revered Lord Commissar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Revered Lord Commissar

So I see people use Commissars all the time but never the Lord Commissar. Just wondering if people use him or not and why.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

In any Mech list he is a complete waste of points (and he costs a lot of them!). Even in semi-mech, your blobs are better served by regular commissars and orders from a Company Command.

If you have lots of Heavy Weapons squad his leadership aura gets useful. But I find his most amusing use is to order your men to wear their stealth pants. Give him a camo-cloak and whatever unit he is with ALL has stealth.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; January 3rd, 2012 at 01:53.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Give him a power fist and he can add some CC punch which is nothing to sneeze at, even for mech. Issue is, Straken is better for that in almost every way. The only advantage the lord commissar really has is he can outflank with, say, some stormtroopers and help them to dish up some CC fun to backfield units.

I'd like to try him in a Valkyrie with some vets some time.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Korona View Post
    Give him a power fist and he can add some CC punch which is nothing to sneeze at, even for mech. Issue is, Straken is better for that in almost every way. The only advantage the lord commissar really has is he can outflank with, say, some stormtroopers and help them to dish up some CC fun to backfield units.

I'd like to try him in a Valkyrie with some vets some time.
    You'd be better off with Priests, or at least, include a priest in addition to the commissar.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Dunno about that, the priest only has one wound, it doesn't take much to punk out a priest before he gets to swing. The commissar + fist costs 25 points more but can take it like a man.

The Eviscerator is cool vs tanks but meltavets don't sweat killing armour. He also has fewer attacks which really hurts in turns where you don't get his buff. The Lord Commissar is WS 5 vs the Priest's 3 which also makes a big difference to the odds of hitting.

Finally, and this is the clincher, he gives his squad LD10 + stubborn which makes them a lot more independent when operating behind enemy lines. For 85 points that's a pretty nice package.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    In any Mech list he is a complete waste of points (and he costs a lot of them!). Even in semi-mech, your blobs are better served by regular commissars and orders from a Company Command.

If you have lots of Heavy Weapons squad his leadership aura gets useful. But I find his most amusing use is to order your men to wear their stealth pants. Give him a camo-cloak and whatever unit he is with ALL has stealth.
    How does the Lord Commissar give stealth to unit he is with? do all upgrades apply to the unit he is with?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

340 (x6)

It's cheesing the rules for stealth. The FAQ said an IC with stealth grants the USR to any unit he joins. Buying a camo cloak gives him stealth so...
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

9. Thankswildcat.xray thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Have to admit that this model is my favorite in the whole IG range.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The only advantage the lord commissar really has is he can outflank with
    Unless this got FAQ'd, too, units lose scouts and infiltrate when a character without those rules joins them. That FAQ is insane, allowing a character to grant stealth like that. When I think about it, though, my blobs haven't seen many games in which stealth would have made a difference anyway. There's Eldar Dire Avengers and non-mech Guard and... uh... well, not many armies really try to shoot-out a horde unit. Not without flamer spam.

In any event, for a CC fighter you're probably better off tasking a PCS as a retinue for an attached powerfist Commie. The lieutenant can even take a backup fist. It may not be the cheapest PCS but it could provide a fun change of pace for a mech player.

I get a kick out of fielding entire armies with no IC in them. We're (almost) the only army that can do it. It's fun to shrug and tell my opponent he doesn't have a target for any special, anti-character abilities. Many tournaments also grant extra points for killing an army's leader and that makes me reluctant to field a GEQ beatstick for an HQ.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I put a LC (with Camo) in a vendetta with a vet scout, does the vendetta get stealth too?
    Last edited by wildcat.xray; January 6th, 2012 at 23:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast