Uriah Jacobus: Hobo with a shotgun. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uriah Jacobus: Hobo with a shotgun.

So reading up tactics, looking at his stats, and just enjoying the hilarious looking model, I finally purchased the old geezer. But I would love to know a little bit more about how you guys have used him, his results, and how you kit his team out.

The DCA and Crusader models are so expensive, so I am using my repentia as Proxies...before I invest in the real models, I would like to figure out the best numbers I should have in his group.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I know nothing of this figure, but when I googled it to see his model something screamed to me to make him look like Santa Claus. Finish up the chinstrap to be a beard and add a stocking cap and you'll be set.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Tactics of Uriah 101:

Step 1: Put him with some DCAs in a rhino.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    Tactics of Uriah 101:

Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit.
    This is the general tactics I see, lol. I see people dabble 1/2 crusaders for survability too.

I need more than this!

Curse you "???"!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

"???" is the most reliable plan in history.If they made profit out of stolen pants the old man can surely win a 40k game with it.

So it mostlikely goes like that:

Step 2: Missile launcher spam on rhino.
    Step 3: "???"
    Step 4: Profit.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

I don't use them myself because I prefer to play Sisters of Battle. However, you basically use them like you would a missile. Take 9+Jacobus, jump out of a rhino, and roll your 45 WS5 I6 S4 re-rollable attacks at whatever you want to be shredded. Just make sure to watch out for bushes because they don't get grenades.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

A tip for using Jacobus it to disembark him at the back and keep him out of combat, you don't want him getting picked off.

A full pack of cultists throws so many dice that they will kill pretty much anything - you can get away with a few crusades for 3+ saves having no real effect on your killing (assuming a full squad) but don't overdo them. Avoid arcos altogether - they really needed rending to be relevant outside of the GK book (the GK arcos can be used to instakill T4 models and mangle tanks).

An alternate use of Jacobus is Retributor squad babysitter. If faith was more relevant he'd be more useful here (and by the same token if you are taking 3 squads of rets and don't want to be constantly disappointed by their failure to rend you might consider him in the backfield).

Once your opponent knows what he can do the cultists will be a fire magnet, and this can be pretty useful. Keep them away from dreads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    Just make sure to watch out for bushes because they don't get grenades.
    pg36 main rule book the first paragraph about grenades says that the unit using them gets the benefits. Since Uriah is part of the unit they get the effect of grenades too. besides how can you throw a grenade and have it make the enemy duck but at the same exact moment not duck for the other people that are standing right next to you. Essentially as long as one model has frags the unit counts as having frags. same philosophy as WH dex giving the VSS a frag so the unit got them.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am trying to figure how to incorporate him into my 1500pt list. I figure if I drop a entire troop choice of sisters ina tank, I can get Uriah and 4DCA/1Crus in a rhino. Is that enough of a punch to do anything?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

At 1500 points, you should be able to get Jacobus with 9 DCAs in a rhino, 2 squads of Metal Doms, 3 squads of Melta BSS, and 3 Exorcists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast