First tournament with all-bike army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

First tournament with all-bike army

I recently finished my all-bike army just in time for the monthly tournament at the local game shop. I actually placed third, to my surprise. Other than getting it handed to me against a 10-scatter laser Eldar army, I felt confident in my playing. I'm actually looking for some suggestions on my list, keeping in mind I'm trying to keep everything as fast as possible. And since this is a White Scars army, please don't suggest Dreads. Here goes:
    Captain, relic/stormshield, bike
    Command, bikes, champ, lightning claw/stormshield, power sword, combi-flamer/stormshield.
    8x Bikers, 2 plasma, MM attack bike
    8x Bikers, 2 plasma, MM attack bike
    8x Bikers, 2 flamers, Fist, HB attack bike
    5x bikers, 2x meltas, MM attack bike
    2x landspeeder typhoon, HB
    HB landspeeder
    MM landspeeder

I found the MM speeder ineffective at deepstrike (scattered off twice, missed to-hit once) so I will probably just do 3 typhoons. Also got the command squad tied up w/ a dread so I could use a fist, maybe.
    What are your suggestions? I Realize I need to play well to win, just want to see what yall think.

2. Remove Advertisements

12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

What point level is this at?

I'm not a huge fan of biker command squads, but they do serve a purpose. I also suggest swapping the speeders out for attack bike units, since a couple of AV10 models won't last too long against massed autocannon/multilaser fire (and xenos equivalents) that you see from a lot of gunline lists.

I'm also not a fun of full sized bike squads. Combat squadding them leaves them small and vulnerable and relatively lacking in special weapons, but a full sized unit takes up too much board space.

It's not bad, though. At this point what you mostly need is combat experience - learn from what you did wrong and right, and adjust your lists and tactics going into the future from what you learned.

+ Reply to Thread