Question about Techmarine and Servitors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Techmarine and Servitors

Hi,
    I have just painted my Techmarine and Thunderfire Cannon and I'm thinking about adding some Servitors, but can one unit of Servitors be added (not to a squad of corse becouse Techmarine doesn't have Independant Character until main gun is destroyed) to a Techmarine gunner from Thunderfire cannon if I don't have any other Techmarine/Master of the Forge in my army list?
    Thank you for your help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Dont have the codex with me.But from memory a preliminary answer would be no since on the entry of the thunderfire canon there is no option to include servitors and servitors are purchuced on the techmarines entry.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there isn't any entry with Servitors but Techmarine and MotF don't have this entry too. Servitors are a separate unit that you can have only one for each Techmarine/MotF (just like Command Squad and Capitain) but I'm not sure if I can include in my army if I only have one Techmarine (Thunderfire gunner), so I asked here if someone have had the same problem.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer View Post
    Yes, there isn't any entry with Servitors but Techmarine and MotF don't have this entry too. Servitors are a separate unit that you can have only one for each Techmarine/MotF (just like Command Squad and Capitain) but I'm not sure if I can include in my army if I only have one Techmarine (Thunderfire gunner), so I asked here if someone have had the same problem.
    If its a separate entry and it says one unit per techmarine then the thunderfire cannon techmarine and motf count too for the taking.Take to mind how they deploy too,if it is nessecery for them to be attached to the techmarine when they deploy at the start of the game then i guess you cant have them with the thunderfire operator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will deploy only 2 servitors with servo-arms only to join techmarine later in game for 2+ repair if the Thunderfire Cannon will be destroyed.
    Last edited by pilot00; January 21st, 2012 at 18:59. Reason: remove points costs.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

459 (x8)

Edited that to remove the points cost,the forum is sensitive about that.

Also it will be a nice cheap boost for his repair abilities and dont forget that those can double as powerfists in the event he finds himself in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

warhammer, the listing simply says:

"You may include one unit of Servitors for every Techmarine or Master of the Forge in your army."
    -Codex: Space Marine, pg 138

So, as per the codex entry, you can add one servitor unit to your army list for every thunderfire cannon you have. The servitor unit will not be able to join up with the techmarine until the thunderfire cannon is destroyed, and so will be subject to the Mindlock rule so long as they are alone.

So yeah, pretty much your plan is sound. If you have your servitors hang back around where your techmarine is, he can join their squad once the gun is destroyed and then they can go around fixing up equipment until their hearts' content.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Servitors also are a wonderful hvy weapon toss in, without having to use a heavy suppport slot. I thought of using them with my Drop pod/salamanders list before.

+ Reply to Thread