Magna-Grapple? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magna-Grapple?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magna-Grapple?

So, I was browsing through my 'dex and happened to find myself reading about the Magna-Grapple. I figured I'd see if anyone(Blood Angels players, with your Blood Fist-equipped Furiosos, I'm looking in your direction) might have used these and to what degrees of success/failure.

For 15 points, I could see taking one on a Furioso with Blood Fists, and dropping him out of a Stormraven, grappling a vehicle that would otherwise not be in range, thus dragging the vehicle (hopefully) within assault range. Now the fists get to weigh in... Could be fun. And it could surprise your opponent a bit, if it's not something that many people do.

I like slightly unheard-of tactics. Let me know what you think.

"Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory." -Sun Tzu

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one modelled on one of my furies. I dont use it much but I have used it. I wouldnt be expecting it to be dragging vehicles around to be honest, its a little hit and miss in that role. It does give you some extra high strength shooting in a pinch though. It looks really cool on the model so I put it on but realistically, it almost never gets used.
    Rules for playing massive tabletop games with star wars miniatures!
    http://starwarstabletopbattles.webs.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It does give you some extra high strength shooting.
    Grapples are excellent for exactly this reason. Think of it as buying an additional meltagun. I don't think I've ever actually grappled a vehicle with it, though. There's too much the grapple must immediately do right: hitting, getting through the AV twice, having a good dragging path and (of course) not killing the target in the process.

But it can rip chunks out of Monstrous Creatures all day long. I like that mental image.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i personally use grapples on my furioso in drop pod. like the obove posters mentioned, i use it more for the second str 8 shot then dragging vehicles around which i never seem to be able to do. its also great for getting multiple instant deaths on multi wound models like nobs and tyranid warriors when combined with the melta. i personally try to ovoid hunting monstrous creatures with my furioso because it probably wont kill it and then it gets wrecked in the next turns assualt. lastly, it takes one more weapon destroyed result before it converts to immobilization or destroyed.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

+ Reply to Thread