What Ed/year is this Chaplain from? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Ed/year is this Chaplain from?

Just wondering what edition / year this Chaplain model was produced. I'd like to look for another of it's exact likeness online, but I know he's OOP. The paint job is shoddy (simple green didn't work, primed over an old paint job) and I'd like one to start from scratch on.

FOR ITHAKA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Before trying to buy another model, you can get stuff that's a lot more acidic than Simplegreen to strip this guy. Dunk him into nailpolish remover, turpentine, or PineSol for a few days. That should do a good job of breaking up that paint without melting him. Simplegreen is popular because it's safe on plastic. This guy's metal. If he's plastic, he's a conversion and you won't find another like him.

As for when he came out - I have one of these that I was playing with in 3rd/4th ed. He's pretty old, if I remember. One thing you can do is try to pry him from his base. The tab on his feet should say something like 'Chaplain' and then have a year on it.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Before trying to buy another model, you can get stuff that's a lot more acidic than Simplegreen to strip this guy. Dunk him into nailpolish remover, turpentine, or PineSol for a few days. That should do a good job of breaking up that paint without melting him. Simplegreen is popular because it's safe on plastic. This guy's metal. If he's plastic, he's a conversion and you won't find another like him.

As for when he came out - I have one of these that I was playing with in 3rd/4th ed. He's pretty old, if I remember. One thing you can do is try to pry him from his base. The tab on his feet should say something like 'Chaplain' and then have a year on it.
    Cheers, I'll try some different things to strip him. I'm always so tentative about stripping as I'm so used to plastic models.
    Another thanks for the tip on the tab, I'll have to check that out.
    FOR ITHAKA!

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

He came out in 2nd edition just after Codex Ultramarines was released in 1995 if my memory serves me correctly.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye I think JVK has it. That boy is 2nd ED and I have a few like him (I think there were 3 Chaplin models at the time). AS for striping the paint off. Buy some Acetone from a chemists. It will strip paint of a metal model in 30 seconds flat and will hardly leave a trace. It's powerful stuff though so any plastic parts will be turned to mush. Failing that Nail Varnish remover has Acetone in it so can do the same job. It's just more expensive because it's in a pretty bottle and girls buy it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

In the workshop I just borrow some of the jewellers MEK or Methyl Ethyl Ketone, it's the active ingredient in none acetone nail varnish remover and it's never failed me, you can buy a litre from ebay for about £6-7 and the great thing is that it stays potent for ages, you can fill a jar with it and keep chucking things in till it's like minestrone soup. Be aware that it literally destroys anything it touches unless it's made of metal and it can make your lungs collapse. In our house we nicknamed it liquid death.

as an interesting side note it is also crazy flammable, like so flammable its amazing it didnt explode when it arrived in the post.
    Come see my Necrons, Space Marines, Dwarfs, Orks, Goblins and anything else I feel like painting at my blog: http://modelminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could also try some iso-propanol alcohol or if its realy tough a little celulose thinner .Its the same stuff car body shops use . Keep in a glass jar with a lid or otherwise most will have escaped overnight .A stiff cut down decorating brush and a good rub removes just about everything even the old enamel paints .Just remember to wash in a strong detergent before re-paint .
    this series of events has managed to clean up stuff that i bought when rogue trader came out .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Yup second edition badboy. I remember him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I'll go with the acetone since it's only 5 a litre.

Also; I'd assume these are 2nd ed too? Just curious now

http://i.imgur.com/NdyZK.png
    http://i.imgur.com/MPG1l.png
    FOR ITHAKA!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Be careful when stripping old models like that - they quite often had one metal arm and one plastic one which will melt right off if you use the strong stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast