Lysander's Bolter Drill and combi-Bolter's mechanic's question !! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lysander's Bolter Drill and combi-Bolter's mechanic's question !!

Hi guys,

I simply wonder if a combi-bolter firing its combi-weapon round count has a bolter for the Bolter Drill ability from Lysander. I know it's not a bolt round but it's still a boltgun that's firing, so what do you guys think ? Now that I think about it there might be a faq about this, anyone ?

thank you!!

5th edition come back game count : Dark Angels W5 L3 D4 Lucky games count : 3 (lol)
    Space Wolves W0 L1 D1
    8th Edition come back game count : Skaven W0 L0 D2 Games

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolter drill, I would say that just means that the bolter rounds fired from any sort of bolter, combi or otherwise, use that rule, combi shots would not be affected.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

That's....actually an interesting question. I don't see anything on the FAQ about it.

Going through the codex, combi-weapons are defined as bolters that have a secondary alternative firing mode with a single use. Since the Bolter Drill rule specifies any Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Bolter, or Bolt Pistol; I would argue that the Bolter Drill rule does in fact apply to the secondary mode of a combi-weapon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

secondary alternative firing mode with a single use
    That is the key. Bolter Drill specifies Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Bolter, and Bolt Pistol. When you fire a combi weapon your fire either the Bolter or the melta/plasma/flamer. So if you fire the melta, you are not firing a bolter, thus bolter drill does not apply to that shot. Thats how I look at it.

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I have to agree with Brother_Kendo on this one. It can be a slippery path as once you start this kind of conversation you may get some people claiming that their bolter shots on the Combi-flamer and Combi-Melta are twin-linked because of Vulkan...

+ Reply to Thread