Stormraven Gunship weapon options - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stormraven Gunship weapon options

Just curious to see what weapons yall like to put on your stormraven's. Still a new player so far i have tried the TL assault cannon and the TL lascannon. I prefer the assault cannon for mowing down troops and still has the ability to pop tanks. As for the front weapon ive only tried the TL multi-melta. I have used the hurricane bolters but find that they arnt worth the points just my opinion though. So lets hear it what do yall like/ use the most?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

My preferred load out is TL assault cannons, melta and hurricane bolters.

I find this gives the stormraven a good multi-purpose 'take all comers' profile.

The TL multi-melta is a solid anti-vehicle unit. The assault cannons are pretty much 'anti-everything', S6 and rending makes it a good anti-armour weapon and its rate of fire making it a solid anti-infantry option. The hurricane bolters are a brutally effective anti-infantry weapon, spewing out a stupid amount of twin-linked fire power. The sheer number of shots are punishing on all but the toughest squads.

Also, 'power of the machine spirit', 'defensive weapons' and 'fast vehicle' rules means you can move 12" and spew out all this fire power at multiple targets.

SkyDog
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i personally equip it with TL-LC and TL-MM because of the lack of long range anti armor in my army. plus the assault terminators and sanguinary priest in its belly are way better at mowing down infantry then some bolters
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greektlake View Post
    i personally equip it with TL-LC and TL-MM because of the lack of long range anti armor in my army. plus the assault terminators and sanguinary priest in its belly are way better at mowing down infantry then some bolters
    Termies in those sound awesome how does it work for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

well i just finished a tournament this weekend and my termies were by far the unit of the tournament for me. i ran them with a priest in terminator armor, 3 claws and 2 TH/SS. in just one game they accounted for 25 tactical marines, 20 scouts, a rhino and Vulcan He'stan. as a kicker only two of them died that game. the stormraven only made it past turn 3 in one game but it did it's job by delivering the terminators where they needed to be.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i might need to get some termies

+ Reply to Thread