Anti TEQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti TEQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti TEQ

Just out of curiosity, what does the imperial guard have that's good against teq? Other than the LR Executioner, I don't see a whole lot ...

As always, thank you for all replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Plasma Guns, Meltaguns, Demolishers, a crap-ton of lasguns/shotguns, lots of multi-laser fire, enough heavy flamers/flamers to force a lot of saves.

Honestly TEQs are a bit of a non-issue to me.

4. ThanksNairb77 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Honestly TEQs are a bit of a non-issue to me.
    What against an army like GK, where they could be fielding all paladins?
    Just playing the devils advocate.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Power weapons in blobs for me. The Terminators are stuck killing worthless GEQs while the Commissar and Sergeants chip away. Driving an expendable Chimera (or two) in front of their Land Raider to delay their arrival is another fun tactic.

Most hordes do well against TEQs. All that awesome equipment gets wasted when the Chimera of Veteran Squad #3 is the most valuable target they can reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairb77
    IG can do better than most armies. A few Russ Demolishers and demo charges out of skimmers, backed up with as many special weapons as any other army, and they'll be hurting.

Want my advice on tailoring IG to fight Paladins? Bring three 50-man Commie blobs with no equipment and tarpit them. Then focus the rest of your army on whatever else they've brought (if anything). If you can't kill them then tarpit them until Judgment Day.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

7. ThanksNairb77 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always love using two pairs of medusas in all my guard lists deals well with paladins, thunderwolves etc.
    hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Nairb77 View Post
    Just playing the devils advocate.
    Since when are Paladins good?

Meltaguns, Demolishers, Manticores, Hydras, Plasma, Executioners, Lascannons.....pretty much anything that's AP 2/1 (to ignore armor and ignore FnP) and anything that's S8 or better (for Instant-Death and ignoring FnP), or are both. Didn't list S8 blasts alone unless they also have AP2 or can actually have a decent chance to hit (IE, not Standard Russes).

Paladins are a pretty fail unit choice IMO.....the only real pain-in-the-neck is Draigo himself.....that guy just refuses to die.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Yeah I faced a Draigowing a couple of times. I just butchered them with melta guns. It was funny and sad.

Draigo went down to veterans with shotguns + straken (after taking several melta guns to sensitive areas)

The list is a joke for guard.

I'd advise against going for blob squads though. They often have purifier backup and if you can't kill them they'll murder your blob squad in short order. Multiple rounds of cleansing flame is just unfair.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Korona View Post
    Yeah I faced a Draigowing a couple of times. I just butchered them with melta guns. It was funny and sad.
    And yet the masses go "ZOMG GK AND PALADINS R CHEEZ". It's kind of sad really. I find pure power-armor grey knights rather lackluster in general.

Draigo went down to veterans with shotguns + straken (after taking several melta guns to sensitive areas)
    Better than me, I think I've kill him once. I still have a 6 - 0 W/L record against Draigowing, though.

I'd advise against going for blob squads though. They often have purifier backup and if you can't kill them they'll murder your blob squad in short order. Multiple rounds of cleansing flame is just unfair.
    This can be true for Paladin/Terminator lists, but is also true anytime you come up against Purifiers. It's a trade-off we have to deal with.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

A special weapon squad with 3 demmo charges should deal with paladins. All the firepower of a Leman Russ demolisher squadron for only 95 points. Add in another 3 lascannon shots from the vendetta transporting them.

Terminators are good against elite armies able to withstand damage and kill expensive targets. Against guardsmen the power weapons don't make much difference nor does the strength 8 of the fists. 10 tac marines are probably more dangerous than 5 termies and the termies are more than twice as expensive as a marine. Even with non AP1/2 firepower a termie is only twice as dificult to kill as a MEQ but costs 10 points more than a pair of MEQs and has half the firepower (depending on range).

Basicly the more termies an opponent takes rather than MEQs the better for the guard.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread