Pre-Heresy army (HELP!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Heresy army (HELP!)

So games workshop is doing this Warhammer 30k thing during the summer and I wanted help on inspiration for my Pre-Heresy army. Going to be doing Ultramarines (Know No Fear was just too good!) and the most unique thing I know about them is the Praetor pattern armour and that's all I know.

P.S. A checklist or guide on building a pre heresy army would be most appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Best advice, if you have the cash is to use forge world and go for mk, 3,3 and 4, id avoid corvus armour in ultras as they got it fairly late in the war, also totally avoid using the errant pattern bits from the tactical squad and company champion, if possible don't use the standard mk 7 marines from the tactical box.

If done properly a heresy era army looks awesome but its an expensive project!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Next question is that I love the praetor pattern but I have no idea on how I should go abouts making it. Any suggestions, guides, or tutorials?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could go iron armour and file heaps of stuff off the tactical marines boxes, abit of green stuff around the edges wouldnt hurt. Or get some Khorne bezerkers and get rid of all the iconography. You can get a fair few torsos in combat squads and tactical boxes that resemble maximus armour so thats another option, and heresy armour can take alot but a ton of green stuff balls pressed all over normal marine armour (Not aquilla or errant pattern of course) and a couple little rectangles with gauges in them for down the thighs, this is ideas for mass production by the way so it wont look 100% pre-heresy/heresy timing but it could help bulk it out abit and save the full on armour for characters and command squads, etc

besides this forge world make a whole range of pre-heresy stuff, but another thing to check out is The Tempus Fugitives they have some awesome books you can download and check out

hope that helps in some way

+ Reply to Thread