Are Heavy Stubbers worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are heavy stubbers worth its points?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 43.75%
  • No

9 56.25%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Heavy Stubbers worth it?

Hi,
    I was thinking about adding some heavy stubber to my mechanized 313rd Cadian Regiment.
    Are they worth adding? You get 3 extra shots (due being defensive weapon), but on the other hand you add some points to your vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

They aren't awful but I don't think they're all that special. I don't really get into situations where I'm thinking "man I wish my Chimeras could shoot 3x more BS3 ST4 shots" and I'd sooner have the 100 points I save by not putting them on my tanks and Chimeras.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're pretty meh as far as i can tell. They add a little something to any tank, but i would generally only get them if i had some fidgety points that really couldn't go anywhere else. As in, i don't need any special weapons or war gear cause all my squads are optimized for their roles. I do however throw them on my russes in part cause they look cool and in part because i play krieg models (not krieg but backstory is WIP) and it just feels right, i usually don't take em in friendlies but in WYSIWYG tourneys and the like i just find the points for a couple or few stubbers.

-SL
    New Crons 1000 points painted 6/2/10
    Empire WIP unpainted (Averheim black and yellow!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Stubbers are completely worth it. While korona has a point with the dont put it on everything or you loose 100pts. I currently hav 2 in my army. One goes on a dual heavy bolter chimera, and one goes on a LRBT with Lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons.

They both really contribute to the firepower output of both tanks.

maybe its just luck, but the heavy stubber on my leman russ has racked in a TON of kills. I kid you not when I say this lone heavy stubber has earned its points back eight-fold in a single game.

If you like them, throw 1 or 2 heavy stubbers in your army, they are only 10pts a piece and always return the investment. I love them. be careful not to go crazy tho, after like 4 of these they start sucking points out of your army. i my humble opinion, I think they are completely worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like them, throw 1 or 2 heavy stubbers in your army, they are only 10pts a piece and always return the investment. I love them. be careful not to go crazy tho, after like 4 of these they start sucking points out of your army. i my humble opinion, I think they are completely worth.
    this really, I have 2 in my main list on my LRBTS and while I dig em for aesthetics and for the extra firepower, putting them on every tank in an even partial mech list would be spending points unwisely. And it's worth saying that when some horde just has to die, having a few extra shots is nice.

-SL
    New Crons 1000 points painted 6/2/10
    Empire WIP unpainted (Averheim black and yellow!)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputation
    1547 (x8)

I put my heavy stubbers on my chimera's with grenade launcher vets inside & psykers running around and they work quite well. I even killed a demon prince with just 2 heavy stubbers.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Not worthwhile thanks to wound allocation. Mixing a normal wound in with a Russ' volley of no-armor save, instant death wounds is a great way to keep the enemy sergeant alive. Ditto for the Chimera's heavy flamer--the enemy who most needs to make a cover save will be able to.

Minimal benefit, significant loss.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Not worthwhile thanks to wound allocation. Mixing a normal wound in with a Russ' volley of no-armor save, instant death wounds is a great way to keep the enemy sergeant alive. Ditto for the Chimera's heavy flamer--the enemy who most needs to make a cover save will be able to.

Minimal benefit, significant loss.
    I would not put one on a Chimera for this reason, but have been thinking of adding one to my next LR build (most of my tanks are still bare plastic with no tracks on yet so as I paint them I have been adding on extras and stowage). I have added magnets to the sponsons as I like the look but rarely field them- probably do the same with the stubber.

With the above logic, do you not ever use a LR with heavy bolter? My Chimeras run with ML/HF except my command Chimera- it has a twin linked HB turrent and hull HB as well as a storm bolter (old model). The storm bolter is magetized and I do have a ML turret I can swap out but this is the Chimera that stays back and gives the blob orders or in a mech list plays babysitter to the ordinance battery, so the shootier the better...

+ Reply to Thread