BA 1k list - Will it Work??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA 1k list - Will it Work???

HQ:
    Librarian –JP (Unleash Rage, Shield of Sanguineous) = 125

Elite:
    Furioso Dread– Blood Talons, Searchlight, Drop Pod = 161
    1 Priests –JP = 75

Troops:
    10 ASM – 1 PW,2 meltas = 225
    10 ASM – 1 PW,2 meltas = 225
    8 ASM – 1 PF, 1 melta = 189

(or Instead of 8 ASM=== 6ASM – TH, 1 melta, meltabombs=163 THEN ADD extra armor to Dread (15)+Meltabombs to priest(5) + meltabombs to sarge in Libbys squad (5) )

The Idea is that everyone will start on field(unless i see reason to do a DoA list depending on enemy) except Furioso Dread who will drop in and cause the enemy to flip out.Maybe the Furioso dread will even take out a sqaud of boyz or something . Meanwhile the others will charge (if its an objectives match combat squadding will be useful). The priest and libby are there to support. Then there shall be blood!!!

Also im not sure whether to hava the 8 man squad or the 6 man-tank hunting squad with boosts to the priest, Dread and sarge. ??? more bodies or better anti-tank???

Anyways criticism and comments are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey comedian the list looks pretty solid I would play both your options to see which one works best for what you play in your area. Your assault marines are going to have to truck across the board to get into serious melta range against tanks unless you DS them, and even then they are going to get shot up pretty good. I am just stating from my opinion of what everyone is playing here. Heavy mech lists with a lot of dakka come down range. Even with the amazing movement of the jp's they are still going to take a lot of shots. Regardless that is a lot of assault marines coming at the enemy and im very interested to see how this list plays out. Good luck!
    Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many meltaguns in my opnion, mix it up a bit so you have flamers and meltaguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if i switched out a few bodies to put in some tanks to protect the marines from shots and shoot back at the tanks. Preds??? Baal Preds??? Vindi's??? im not sure what to take if i go down the hybrid list road... Thanks for pointing out that i overkilled the meltas. How many shud i load up on for an 1000 point game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I thought about it I don't think there will be that many problems at your point level to where you can't foot slog them. If you did go with some tanks I would go with something like a vindi or a whirlwind since they are fast so they can keep up with your army and still pack a punch just my two cents on it haha.
    Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Captain Tom View Post
    The more I thought about it I don't think there will be that many problems at your point level to where you can't foot slog them. If you did go with some tanks I would go with something like a vindi or a whirlwind since they are fast so they can keep up with your army and still pack a punch just my two cents on it haha.
    He isn't really foot slogging as he has jump packs as foot slogging is just moving at the normal speed of 6".
    His army is fine without tanks, it would work as you have enough meltaguns to easily destroy a land raider as well as a dread with blood talons so he has enough anti tank and probably if he wants a tank, best tank would be a pred as it provides anti tank support or a baal pred which is a good anti infantry tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in the group that i play about half know what their doing and the other half are either begginers or just arent very good. The problem that i can see is if it ends up being a sparse cover match then i will probably DoA them and hopefully it will work. Ill play around with it and when i do have a match with this list (or some slightly modified version) Ill tell you how it worked. Ill probably be playing either Space Pups or Dark Eldar. Any tips on how to play them with BA? Ive played a Space Pups player with my ork army and ive won 3 times and lost 1 (just barely). That was his first army and the first 2 were his first matches so...

Im starting to lean towards the 6 man squad which will DS and kill some tanks/cause some destruction. I like this because it upgrades all the other people in my army (meltabombs, extra armor...) and adds some pretty good tank hunters/ Scary thing killers (TH, Melta, Meltabombs). If i do this then my other squads can focus more on other things like capturing objectives, fighting troops, less melta and so on. But as a space marine player every person counts so... Wat are ur views on this???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    Well in the group that i play about half know what their doing and the other half are either begginers or just arent very good. The problem that i can see is if it ends up being a sparse cover match then i will probably DoA them and hopefully it will work. Ill play around with it and when i do have a match with this list (or some slightly modified version) Ill tell you how it worked. Ill probably be playing either Space Pups or Dark Eldar. Any tips on how to play them with BA? Ive played a Space Pups player with my ork army and ive won 3 times and lost 1 (just barely). That was his first army and the first 2 were his first matches so...

Im starting to lean towards the 6 man squad which will DS and kill some tanks/cause some destruction. I like this because it upgrades all the other people in my army (meltabombs, extra armor...) and adds some pretty good tank hunters/ Scary thing killers (TH, Melta, Meltabombs). If i do this then my other squads can focus more on other things like capturing objectives, fighting troops, less melta and so on. But as a space marine player every person counts so... Wat are ur views on this???
    Sorry, can't help you there as I play against chaos a lot.
    Since maybe you're mostly all beginners, just try to get experience against the different armies, test out which unit are good against which and then maybe from there, you could progress and build a better army yourself.
    Meltabombs aren't really needed, you have enough meltaguns to comfortably kill at range then assault the passengers inside if there are any. I never use extra armor as in my opinion makes little difference and doesn't really help with the vehicle's survivablity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your advice. Its all the little points that make a difference, isnt it. There are a good number of expereinced players, but i havent played them in a competitive match yet (with my orks). Looking foward to doing that with my new BA!!! I will take the melta bombs + Xtra armor away and then should i add an extra body to the 6 man killy squad? That wud make 7 with melta and TH vs. 8 guys with a PowerFist and a Melta. The 7 man squad is better at what i need it to do. Should i swap some meltas for some flamers and then add an 8th man to the 7 man squad? If i do then who should swap there weapons???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    Thanks for your advice. Its all the little points that make a difference, isnt it. There are a good number of expereinced players, but i havent played them in a competitive match yet (with my orks). Looking foward to doing that with my new BA!!! I will take the melta bombs + Xtra armor away and then should i add an extra body to the 6 man killy squad? That wud make 7 with melta and TH vs. 8 guys with a PowerFist and a Melta. The 7 man squad is better at what i need it to do. Should i swap some meltas for some flamers and then add an 8th man to the 7 man squad? If i do then who should swap there weapons???
    If it's a suicide squad, make sure it just has enough men to do the job but if not then yes, assault squads and tac squads do best if they hve 10 men as combat squadding is now available and swap some flamers, any ork boyz or guardsmen that get in your way or there are just too many of them, flamers are the best and since you have a fast unit they easily get in range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast