How many Troop do you take? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many troops do you field in 1500 points?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll

18 16.98%

60 56.60%

28 26.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many Troop do you take?

I am just curious and wondering how many troops (Scouts and Tactical Marines) do you normally field in a 1500 point game?

I myself am thinking about 1 group of scouts and 2 tactical squads both 10-man squads. However my other choice is two tactical squads of ten.

My view of how to play Tau: "Look at an enemy squad. Blink once. If the enemy is still standing, then you're doing it wrong."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always take 1 troop per 500 points as objectives are huge in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahfurry View Post
    I always take 1 troop per 500 points as objectives are huge in the game.
    I have a feeling that is a norm, but lacks a little firepower. Perhaps I just need to drop a rhino and leave one to hoof it across to the middle objective. Then just sit there and fire heavy weapons at anything that has high armour.
    My view of how to play Tau: "Look at an enemy squad. Blink once. If the enemy is still standing, then you're doing it wrong."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general rule i run 1 troop in a rhino per 500 points of the army, in 1500 - 2000 point armies I usually run one of those troop choices as a 10 man scout squad with sniper rifles, camo cloaks and the hellfire heavy bolter

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Generally, I follow the 1squad/500pts rule. Sometimes, if I'm really trying to shave points I'll only take 2 squads in 1500 points, but they have to be full tactical squads that I plan on combat squad'ing and will probably keep in reserve so I know they survive to when they can make a mad, last-minute dash to the objective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost always use three tactical squads with razorbacks and of course combat squad them for 1000 points or more battles, half stay to hold objectives while the other half take objectives with the help of the support choices. On smaller point battles I only take two, for obvious reasons, mostly scouts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I have been taking 1 10-man Tac Squad and 1 5-man Scout squad in my 1500 point games. The scouts don't normally make it past turn 2 as they like to melta/fist stuff, but the Tacs don't seem to have an issue staying alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, Combat squading does seem alot more effective now that I think about it in a more objective based way. I was thinking that seems insane, but you if I put them in razor backs I can send 10 guys forward with both my sgts and assault weapons. So I'm just sending a more assault orienated strike force forward.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

At least one scoring unit every 250 points for me. These include combat squadded Scouts and Stern Vets in my Crimson Fists and four Boyz Mobs and two Grot mobs in my Orks. My Catachans have 20 scoring units in a 1500 force but that's down to blob selection. I like to max out on cheap scorers then fill them out with extra kit relevant to their task. I then build up my Elites and so on around the Troops as support rather than the knockout blow everyone else seems to prefer. I've been "Hording" my Orks, Guard and Tyranids since Rogue Trader and it hasn't failed me yet.

Everyone else appears to follow the "death star" sketch but I don't play competitively so I'm really not interested in having a 990-point unit of thirteen models. More is best because I have been collecting for twenty-five years and have had the money to buy what I want and not what's expected of me, so I suspect this puts me somewhat on the edge of the Venn diagram of 40k players.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

As per codex marines three.2 Marines 1 scout.As per DA depends on what i play.If i play Green wing i fill them up with tacs(no other choice there).
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast