Guard On Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen many battles where marines have been destroyed fast. But people still say they are better than Guard. What is up with that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is because statwise they are! It's just when you have 2 battlecannons in a 1000 point army (like a certain someone I know. :realmad: ) then marines get killed!
    The DS sucks because to look at two screens, you would need two eyes!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SM are the best all around army...they can be fast, they can be good in cc, they can be really good firepower wise or they can just have all of the above. Plus there basic trooper is much more powerful then a guardsmen. However ...*ahem* IG can crush SM anytime they want.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Its because experienced players use Guard. people who are new to the hobby generally take Space marines, so they arent very good with them. experienced SM players are lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

for 15points you get one of the best all around fighters in the game. SM are not the best at anything, but they're very good at everything.

6 points buys you a piece of meat w/ a gun. and not a good gun at that. this piece of meat is good for protecting heavy weapons.

however, when you spend 600points and get 100 pieces of meat, they cease to be meat. they become the Guard!

SM are very good. and when their new dex gets release they're going to get even better. a good SM are is a hard nutt to crak. it can do almost anything... well. and gives the user a fun tactial army at his disposal.

and will 2 battlecannons hurt SM in a 1000 point game? perhaps. but i've seen plenty o' SMurfs whipe the floor w/ over confident Russ users. any IG commander who puts his faith in armor, deserves to be defeated.

the real muscle of the IG is in our meat... the Guard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um...ever play blood angels? 3 assault squads and two tooled up chaplains, then fill up the rest of the list with firepower... Leap frogging from terrain piece to terrain piece and i'll you can do is hope your basilisk is feeling accurate today.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play guard and i am a newbie And I destroy anything. (except for 850 points of eldar and i only am allowed to play with 300 points of guard)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Marines are good in everything. They shoot good and beat most races in close combat. Against Guard, they will obviously want to get into close combat. Be prepared for deepstrikers and use plasma, missiles, Bassies, Russ, Lascanons for Termies and the chances of victory will be a lot closer instead of a light at the end of the tunnel.

When I first played 40K, I got Marines, I still use them. I am considered a "newb" I guess. No race is better than another(except all are better than tau)(hahaha.... :hmm.
    Anywho, i guess people just say marines are better than Guard becuase marines are better than guard. Who will win, a 15 point model, or a 6 point mode? Hmmmmmm. The people who say that just need to watch a game and see what happens. Any army can beat any other army on any given day(except tau&#33.

So, basically, people like Marines more cuz they are cooler. I mean, why have normal little humans with a big flashlight and a scrap a bubblewrap than a 8 foot tall mutant uber-powerfull dude? Answer me that, that is why people say those things.

That is my two cents, sorry for the rambling! Long live the Guard!
    <span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

+ Reply to Thread