Wolf Guard Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

Wolf Guard Terminators

I'm getting ready for a tournament and was reading through my codex. I noticed under the section where they talk about the different armors when I noticed a section of the Terminator armour description I haven't read before. It basically says that most SM Terminators teleport but that the Space Wolves distrust teleportation. Interestingly enough the section stars like this " NB:" Now most of the descriptions generally decscribe something fluff wise, then add a second description of what the item does in game.

My question is does this section forbid Wolf Guard Terminators from Deep Striking altogether? It doesn't say so but then why mention it outside of the fluff description? That "NB" part seems like the whole section is more than just fluff.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wolf guard terminators can not never ever deep strike. It is against there pack rules. So we are the only codex that allows us to take them in drop pods to make up for the no go deep striking. With a drop pod u don't have to worry about miss hap or dangerous terrain test as much but it's a free kill point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

I checked the Wolf Guard profile both in the middle of the codex and their army list entry. I cannot find these pack rules you mentioned. The only pack rules I have found is the one about splitting Wolf Guard off to other squads. Nor can I find anything regarding stuffing Terminators into Drop Pods.

Can you direct me to the relevant pages in the codex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

page 61 in the codex under the terminator Armour heading and it is the 4th and 5th paragraph. 4th on talks about the terminator count as 2 units in a drop pod. the 5th talks about how russ wants his men to keep their feet on the ground so no deep striking. hope this helps

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Pg 61 under the wargear entry for Terminator Armor: No where does it state that they give Terminators the Deep Strike rule. Also,
    Pg 86 under the Wolf Guard entry it is not stated in the units special rules that they have Deep Strike.

Thus, there is no way for them to be able to Deep Strike other than via Drop Pod, which they are allowed to take as a dedicated transport (Pg 86) and count as two models each when in Terminator Armor. (Pg 61).

Hope that helps.

~SR~
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the Wolf Guard can split, NO they can't Deep Strike, YES They can use Drop pods.

Brother G
    "For Russ and The Allfather"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

In 4th edition regular space marines could stuff Terminator squads into drop pods too, not just space wolves. Sometimes I miss 4th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guthbrand View Post
    In 4th edition regular space marines could stuff Terminator squads into drop pods too, not just space wolves. Sometimes I miss 4th
    Yeah I miss 4th sometimes, but lets see what they come with 6th!!!

Brother G
    "For Russ and The Allfather"

+ Reply to Thread