Culexus Assassins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Culexus Assassins

So I was going through the codex again and ran across this guy and a giant brainwave hit me. All of our troops are considered psykers, therefore if you put a culexus assassin within 12 in of any psykers that adds to his assault value of his S5 AP1 shooting attack. I really want to try him out and run him behind a rhino wall and just watch him delete one unit at a time because if you run MSU purifiers or strikes or whatever he will get about 20 S5 AP1 shots a turn at 12 in and then you use your rhinos to block LOS to him ect... Has anyone tried using this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

He's great in a Grey Knight V Grey Knight game as well. I had an opponent recently that did that. The assassin was deadly. Remember though, a squad of GKs only counts as one psyker.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

OOOHHHH, well there goes that idea. I missed that little half sentence in the brotherhood of psykers entry. Ah well, thanks for the clarification.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

however, if you use coteaz, then you can take psykers from the henchman squad, which EACH count as a psyker, which can get you a lot of shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.darkness View Post
    however, if you use coteaz, then you can take psykers from the henchman squad, which EACH count as a psyker, which can get you a lot of shots.
    And each vehicle with the psychic pilot ability (Rhinos, Razorbacks, Dreadnoughts, Storm Ravens etc.) is also considered a psyker, so MSUs with transports do add up.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    So I was going through the codex again and ran across this guy and a giant brainwave hit me. All of our troops are considered psykers
    Holy crap. I love you. + rep sir!

It is unfortunate about the BOS rule, but still.. the assassin could easily add 5-6 extra shots, even more with the previously mentioned psyker warband squad!

Decisions.. hrm... I have a lot to think about now

Zhu

+ Reply to Thread