500 point 40k match - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

500 point 40k match

I've got my first ever 40k match at the weekend. It's a beginners match at my local games workshop and is only 500 points.

I've got Logan grimnar as a hq but I also have a wolf lord and wolf guard battle leader that I could use for my hq.
    I also have 5 scouts with 4 sniper and 1 rocket launcher, 5 wolf guard terminators all with claws, 9 grey hunters, 8 wolf guard and a lone wolf.
    A razorback/rhino and a vindicator

My thinking is to get as many figures on the table as possible and also have as many units as possible I order to spread fire and I'm thinking that a fellow beginner my not know the kill point rule for my lone wolf.

Am I thinking along the right lines? Or should I go small and powerful?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

I would pass on Grimnar in a 500 point game... as with many of the named individuals, they are too many points. Terminators can be good hit force. Put that with a couple of Troops (For SW i think it is wolf guard and grey hunters right?) for objective holding and you should be solid.

I am not a space wolf player so I do not know all of their rules. I may be off on this, but I do play a lot of Space Marines in the 500 point rance and I find diversity is good if you have at least one strong heavy hitter. But i will defer to those others that know more about Space Wolves then I do.

+ Reply to Thread