Wolf Guard Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guthbrand

Thread: Wolf Guard Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolf Guard Question

In the codex SW it mentions that the WG can be up to ten models, all of them can have different equipment, wargear, armor, etc. Also that they can be attached to certain squads.
    My question is:
    If I have a ten man squad of WG and decided to leave 5 in regular armor ( so I can attach them to other squads ) and 5 in Termie armor ( to be by themselves ) can the Termie Group have 2 special weapons? EX. Assault Cannons, Heavy Flamers, Cyclone Missile Launchers....( you get the idea )
    I've been pondering on this, because technically the squad is payed and assembled as one squad before I decide to split some of them, so that kinds of cover the rule of having ten models.
    But is it legal?

Please let me know what you think guys.

Brother G

"For Russ and The Allfather"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

short answer: yes

Long answer: "For every five models in the squad..." The codex places no restriction on what they are wearing, simply that there are models

Then it goes on to say, "one wolf guard model in terminator armor may choose one of the following:" thus placing a restriction on the models you wish to give the special weapon; only the ones in terminator armor.

This means you could have a squad of ten models, 8 with power armor and 2 with terminator armor just to give those them special weapons. I do something like this this all the time sense I foot slog my wolves, a small troop of grey hunter camping on an objective with a wolf guard pack leader in terminator armor and cyclone missile launcher.
    Tony Streeter likes this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Dont forget that you cant sweep if you have at least one TDA in the squad though.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    Dont forget that you cant sweep if you have at least one TDA in the squad though.
    Yes that is very true (TDA = Tactical Dreadnought Armor or Terminator Armor for those of you that don't know).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, I just had that doubt, if you guys don't mind me asking; have you guys played 30k? and if yes what rules are you guys using in your gaming club.

Brother G
    "For Russ and The Allfather"

+ Reply to Thread