Crassus Armoured Assault Transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

22 (x1)

Crassus Armoured Assault Transport

Hey guys,

Haven't posted on here in a while so I thought after reading through bits of the IA:11 book I'd share something I found intriguing which is actually the reason I'm going to crank my IG back out (Thats right the Screaming Devils are back)

The Crassus Armoured Assault Transport was one of the few tanks that stuck out to me when reading this book and it's not because it has heaps of guns, or unique ordnance or anything like that... NO. This thing can be upgraded (For no extra cost mind you) to have armour 14 front and sides (Which leaves it with armour 12 for the rear), comes with 4 heavy bolters, enough room for 25 infantry (Yep a whole infantry platoon) and 2 cyclops, or 35 infantry (Infantry platoon and vet squad anyone?)

BUT the best thing of all... Its a super heavy tank that can move up to 12" per turn

This got me thinking of how flexible this thing could actually be. And for 250 points (300 for lascannons all round and a storm bolter, which is my other option) its an absolute steal

So has anyone else seen this thing? Am I giving it too much hype? What do you think about it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Northern Virginia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

169 (x4)

Shrug, I think it's neither great nor bad. It seems alright, mostly for use in a fluff/casual list. Of course, it's a super heavy so would be mostly reserved for Apoc or friendly opponent-approved games anyways. If its something you like, fit it into your list.

Personally, it seems a little too 'eggs in one basket' with that many guys inside of it. Not sure about others, but I tend to have bad luck maintaining survivors when my transports explode.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread