Iron Priests with Servitors, Scouts and Predators? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Iron Priests with Servitors, Scouts and Predators?

So I was just wondering if theese units are any good? A Iron Priest with 3 servitors and 4 cyberwolves, 2 Servitors with Multi-Meltas. A group of normal scouts, and a Predator with Heavy Holter sponsons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Didnt want to be the first to reply since i am not a SW player,but perhaps this will keep going.

I havent seen a SW player playing like that to be honest,but most lists i have seen revolve around bloodclaws and longfangs.
    Are you trying for a themed list?
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    So I was just wondering if theese units are any good? A Iron Priest with 3 servitors and 4 cyberwolves, 2 Servitors with Multi-Meltas. A group of normal scouts, and a Predator with Heavy Holter sponsons.
    Can't give you any info on Iron priests as I'm not much of an SW player either.
    Predator is alright as it's the cheapest out of the 4 different turret and sponsor options, however, i'd go for the twin-linked autocannon and lascannon sponsor one because it's a good tank buster for around 140 points.
    Servitors are ok, they aren't as competitive as you'd hope but I would imagine having 2 normal servitors for helping the iron priest repair stuff and 1 plasma cannon and a 1 heavy bolter for long ranged firepower and support.
    Normal scouts are good but how are you deciding to equip them, CCW and bolt pistol, sniper rifles etc.?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Thanks for the replies. I'm not going for a themed list, I'm just curious if theese three units are any good. And unfortunately the Iron Priests can only have 3 Servitors and not 4. But they can also have 4 Cyberwolves to help in close combat. And the Servitors can have Multi-Meltas for cheep so I was thinking 2 Multi-Meltas if I was gonna use them. As for the Predator, It has a Autocannon that it can replace with a Twin-Linked Lascannon. And if you go Twin-Linked Lascannon with Lascannon sponsons it costs 165 points.. As for the scouts, No idea how i'd equip them.. Just wondering if scouts are a good unit overall, Since they cost the same as a Grey Hunter or Bloodclaw..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scouts can be used for a variety of roles due to the fact that they can infiltrate and have quite a lot of weapon options. Having 5 scouts with sniper rifles and just sitting on your objective while getting a cover save is not too bad of an idea while the squad only costs 100 points.
    Now your thinking that since the predator can upgrade its weapons means that you have to upgrade both of them but you are wrong, it is unnecessary to upgrade both of them in small games as a twin linked autocannon with lascannon sponsors is still a good potential tank buster.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by chen97 View Post
    it is unnecessary to upgrade both of them in small games as a twin linked autocannon with lascannon sponsors is still a good potential tank buster.
    I may be wrong here but I dont think the autocannon on predators is twin-linked, and scouts in SW are elites so this might change your mind about sitting them on an objective as all they can do is contest it.
    If He is For me, Who shall stand against me

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bdoydie View Post
    I may be wrong here but I dont think the autocannon on predators is twin-linked, and scouts in SW are elites so this might change your mind about sitting them on an objective as all they can do is contest it.
    Indeed it isnt but it has two shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x1)

right just read your post and was nearly kicking myself incase i had missed something and as i run a couple of preds with autocannons in my list it cud've made quite a big difference.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

459 (x8)

No worries,to be honest i prefer the second shot to twinlinked myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x1)

lol yeh but I understand what you were trying to say,
    As for scouts though in vanilla marine I love them but for Wolves I cant stand them.
    but that is just my opinion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast