Rhino Equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino Equipment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhino Equipment

What Rhino upgrades are worth taking, trying out a mechanized list... looking for insight on how to arm them, looking to run 4 tac squads all in rhinos (Maybe)

I have 1 already,
    Extra Armour and storm bolter.

Is that adequate?

Thanks in advance,
    ReedTheChamp

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i go for a Rhino i normally take it as it is, if i do take an upgrade it would be dozer blade, i feel anything is a waste of points - i find in all games i play that the enemy always has an effective anti transport so i dont even bother with any major upgrades and those points can go towards something more adequate

That's my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, a lot

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

As is would be best since its not going to last more than turn two.Some times if you have spare points throw in a stormbolter but only if you have nothing else to buy.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

About the only thing I've heard worth putting on a rhino is either a dozer blade or extra armour, mostly because your rhino is a transport and you ultimately want it always to be moving.

Personally, though, rhinos are too cheap to be cluttering up with upgrades, and just a little too fragile. I wouldn't field them with anything beyond what they come with.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Yep, I'm coming in on the "bare rhino" side as well. They come with the best item - smoke launchers. Extra armour is a use of points which prevents you taking a power weapon in another unit, for example. I used to load up with extra armour, dozer blade and pintle-mounted storm bolter but eventually wised up. All I want from my Rhinos is for them to get some units across the board: 12" move, pop smoke, turn two 12" move disembark.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

When fielding lots of Rhinos, the second storm bolter can be a useful purchase. It's cheap and non-threatening yet, in numbers, they can reap a toll from secondary targets. It's particularly effective against players who like to mix-max or combat squad. One downed MEQ, a freak leadership failure and the game suddenly changes.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

About the only thing I like to mass, and it's really only on freak incidents, are hunter killer missiles. But they're something that I like to have an excessive amount of. One or two won't do anything, but if you can have 12 of them all firing off first turn, it can take an enemy off guard. In my opinion, much more effective than a second storm bolter, and potentially much more of an impact.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Klajorne View Post
    About the only thing I like to mass, and it's really only on freak incidents, are hunter killer missiles. But they're something that I like to have an excessive amount of. One or two won't do anything, but if you can have 12 of them all firing off first turn, it can take an enemy off guard. In my opinion, much more effective than a second storm bolter, and potentially much more of an impact.
    A favorite tactic of that is the rhino vs rhino 1st turn shoot out.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

I personally don't leave home without the extra Stormbolter and extra armour. Heavy Bolters can glance, so i'm carefull that if they imoloise me then stun, i can still move and shoot the idiot for shooting me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast