Ba Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ba Army List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, i have looked everywherebut i cant seem to fing a blood angels army list that only uses 20 tactical marines or a chaplain without jumppack
    well, heres a list of what i have and if you could base an army list with it, it would be REALLY helpful.

HQ
    chaplain
    2 librarians
    force commander
    honor guard
    death company
    sanguinary high priest

ELITES
    dreadnought
    furioso dreadnought
    5 terminators

TROOPS
    20 tactical marines
    6 man scout squad

FAST ATTACK
    20 assault marines(can be used as veteran assault if nessecary)
    land speeder
    3 man bike squad

HEAVY SUPPORT
    baal predator
    land raider
    whirlwind (gettin one when the new one comes out)
    10 devastators(2 missle launchers, 2 lascannons, 4 plasma cannons)

So... as yoou can see i have a pretty sizable force of like 3000 points total
    ya i think thats it so if you could please help me make an army list it would be greatly appreciated

P.S im looking for about a 1500 point list

P.P.S i would also like hints on what to get next

Cheers
    Skello

Starting anew-september 22 2005

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would run the Chaplain and death company with jump jets. You could load them in a rhino for free but why? You have to pay around $30 for a rhino or $35 for a razorback. I would get a back of jet packs for $12 and run them that way (that's how I do it). This also gives them 12'' movement for FREE and on top of that, the death company are really really hard to kill with normal guns. Don't forget now too, that you can't assault out of a rhino the same turn it moved more than 6'' (i think that's the rule now), and don't forget that your troops will take wound when the rhino blows up. It's silly to march the chaplain and death company along 6'' at a time as blood angels.

That being said, here is what I would run with your army.

HQ: Chaplain, jump jet, bolt pistol, crozius arcanum, rozarius, terminator honors, death company.

Fast attack:
    Assault squad x 10 jump jets, (plasma if you want)
    Assault squad x 10 NO JUMP JETS, mounted in land raider

Troops: 7-10 man marine squads, I put a lascannon or heavy bolter in mine as needed, but it's your army.

Heavy Support: Baal predator, heavy bolter sponsons, pintle mounted storm bolter (11 shots with pretty good range)

Land Raider, with pintle mounted SB

Dreadnought, lascannons and missle launchers

Dreadnoughts are HS for blood angels unfortunately (unless it's a furioso). You can use a devastator squad if you'd like, but they are expensive and there's a 1 in 6 chance of them moving when you don't want them to. Fill in the rest as you like though, terminators for blood angels are nasty, but you could lose 1 or more to the death company so keep that in mind (same for the bikes).

Load that land raider up with the 10 assault marines and drop them at the front lines. You can fire your pistol once and charge into CC with 3 attacks at str 5 per marine 40 attacks total. Good stuff (Y)

As far as what to get next, I would get a predator annihilator for more heavy weapon support. If it moves, it can usually still fire the main lascannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, that looks pretty good but BA can have dreadnoughts as either heavy support or elites(something about the BA liking the fact that they're vehichles with close combat abilities )

and about that assault marines with the no jumppacks thing, i can only play with WYSIWYG so thats a no go

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have 20 assault marines with jump packs on, you can pop off 10 jump packs from 10 assault troops and use those on your death company/chaplain (certainly easier said than done, but definately doable), or you can pay $12 from the online store for a bag of em.

I'm almost positive that normal dreadnoughts are heavy support choices for blood angels (except for the furioso). If you see page 9 of the blood angels codex it talks about it under their heavy suppor options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look at the blood angels FAQ and it says they can be either

i am going to get the jumppack sprue thing for my death co. and NO, im not gonna rip the jumppacks off my existing assault marines

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just looked at the blood angels FAQ and the only elite dreadnought that blood angels can take is the furioso. "Standard dreadnoughts count as heavy support choices for Blood Angels." I'm not sure which FAQ you saw, but I would love to field them as both heavy support and elite, so if you could link the FAQ you looked at, that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tip to you is....................................
    get about 4 honour guard accompanied with a priest with claws(amazing squad&#33all with jump packs. And I would field probably 25-30 marines and 5 scouts with bp and ccw.

P.s you could also amazingly tool up your priest! thats what I do some games. Some of my opponents think its a waste of points...but naww here he is
    SANGUINARY HIGH PRIEST
    -exsanguinator
    -iron halo
    -artificer armour(to save his from d*** troop guns)
    -jump pack
    -lightning claws
    -melta-bombs(rarely-vs.tanky armies)

total:205(with melta bombs)
    total:200(without melta bombs)

...........................o yah!!

+ Reply to Thread